Dress up Jesus

Not to be sacreligious, but when I lived in Richmond, there was a one-lunger bluegrass station I listened to that played LOTS of Southern Gospel. Most of it was, uhhhh, "gospel", but some of it was unintentionally funny: "Drop-Kick Me Jesus Thru the Goal Posts of Life" & "Have You Heard the Word of the Lord/ Jesus Might Be Comin' in a '49 Ford". Sad thing was, these people were deadly serious. -Sandy G.

I think this is supposed to be a web promo for something Urban Outfitters sells. I saw it on "Tough Crowd" last week. Its a magnetic dress up Jesus with all sorts of outfits including a ballet tutu and a punk rock getup. Sure to tick off the bible thumpers.

Please help me find Jesus - I put him in my trunk and now he's gone.

OK, I think I've managed to offend myself with that tasteless joke... I shouldn't joke like that around Easter.

As Neil of "The Young Ones" once observed, don't crucify yourself - its impossible to get that last nail in!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sandy G
Not to be sacreligious, but .. "Have You Heard the Word of the Lord/ Jesus Might Be Comin' in a '49 Ford". -Sandy G.

ya never know ...he just might...they dint have Fords back then...(2000 years ago..times have changed!!)

Seeing as how 2000 years ago he was only 3, A.D. 4, they didn't have a '49 yet either.

This was on a local TV news stations web site, and it is a promo for a magnetic stick up toy. I probably would have posted it anyway, but the timing with Mel's movie was great.
Speaking of which (evidently not a Neil Young fan) a viewer of the movie decided to crucify himself and ended calling 911 since he could only nail one hand up. "Hey you! Get out of the gene pool!"

Went to a wedding and the preacher reminded us that Jesus' 1st miracle was changing water to wine, that the wine was better than what had been served before, that Jesus was a party guy, and; "So, when the wine runs out, turn to Jesus.(and) The best is saved for last."
I liked that guy. Unfortunatly the wine at the reception was bad, and they didn't run out!
I kinda think he was comparing the wine to marriage, which is a nice thought, but when he said it....... well:drunk:

jesus

I also hear he keeps his money in the Chase Manhattan Bank,Jesus saves,Jesus saves,Jesus saves.

Back
Top Bottom