• Enjoy a couple glasses of water or soft drinks

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Enjoy a few beers or wines or spirits

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Enjoy a few plus a few more

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Enjoy a few plus a few more then fall asleep on your listening chair

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Enjoy 10+ beers or bottle of wine or 1/2+ bottle of bourbon then start dancing

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Drink to you pass out and hope you have a semi auto turntable

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't drink at all

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Herbal supplements of all types

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it hasn't
"Studies" (funded by guess who) "say" there is some "evidence" that would seem to point towards..........
Same as eggs are bad, wait, no eggs are good, wait, no..................oh, wait, milk is bad, no milk is good
There's always an agenda there with "research" my friend

I can see how you would think that, but being in the military I've seen many severely old men in places like Bosnia and Italy where drinking wine and not so much hard alcohol is prevalent....so I'm not quoting any stats. Being in Germany for ten years straight helped me to see how a society that has pride in themselves and the way they do things can easily cause them to live into their nineties and they drink but they seldom get drunk. How can a culture that has a one liter beer limit that is an employment union contract clause....drink, eat pork and potatoes and live into on average into their nineties. By your premise alcohol is a poison, but the poison is in the over doing of the consumption of alcohol. It's about witnessing a fact then reading about it to understand the extent of the reason why. I'm sorry you had such a hard time with alcohol, but we Americans socialize the drinking of excessively large amounts of alcohol getting drunk at social occasions. Something not done so extensively in other countries. Just going along with something or thinking something cause that's the way so many others think is.....is a cop out !!!

Last edited:
Too funny, like the BBC's not propaganda?
I've read those bull shit stories too, so what?

Regardless, didn't say a word about the chemistry of marijuana
That's not what's being sold at the "dispensaries", apples to oranges

I said there was nothing healthy about SMOKING it and there's not - PERIOD

Lost a friend to lung cancer and he had to smoke the shit to be able to eat anything
Still wasn't his preferred method
You tell yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself to make it ok to be a stoner

Right and I'm a Iraq war vet with severe PTSD and severe OCD that was with the infamous 1/1 Cav in Mosal in 2003. With collapsed vertebrae and your going to make a brash statement about a person being justified in being a stoner without knowing their situation.....you need serious help !

In the morning, coffee.
Afternoon, water or a smoothie.
Evening, glass of red or beer or couple shots of bourbon or Scotch.

Right and I'm a Iraq war vet with severe PTSD and severe OCD that was with the infamous 1/1 Cav in Mosal in 2003. With collapsed vertebrae and your going to make a brash statement about a person being justified in being a stoner without knowing their situation.....you need serious help !
Sorry for your problems
1st Cavalry wasn't in Mosul in '03
They were in Bagdad
3rd Infantry, Rock of the Marne here
HOOAH!

Sorry for your problems
They were in Bagdad
HOOAH!

Didn't say First Cav....

First US Squadron / First US Cavalry (Air Cav).....First Regiment of Dragoons (1/1 Cav) ! Out of Bundigen Germany...Blackhawks which was a front line screening, quick reactionary unit.....and you will have a hard time finding any history after the gulf war, because after the second deployment to Iraq in 2003 they disbanded the unit. We jumped from Mosal to Fallujah and all points in between to support a massive push. Three quarters of the original soldiers in my unit died....

Look, dude....I was an Oregon red neck that never touched cannabis until I had to. After I started vaping weed my health improved. If you can't understand that coming from a soldier that joined the military and was against people getting high, I don't know what to tell you. My first intitial tour was 3/8 Cav 3rd Armour out of Germany Gulf War and after we demolished the Iraqi Republican Guard some chowder head officer put the entire Division in the middle of 605 burning oil wells, that's to include the possibility of being exposed to sarin gas. Then, after I was medically retired in 2004, I was sick as ten MF's and I didn't touch any weed until the pain got so bad I couldn't sleep and was puking up all the time. After vaping weed my life changed and I don't think it was the supplements from the grocery store that made this kind of impact on me. I'm still against people getting high just for the hell of it, but who am I to tell another man what he should do. So, please.....the impact cannabis has on people's lives is for real ! I fought being sick for fifteen years in the military after the Gulf War and I was forced to retire...

Then someone is going to tell me that cannabis has no impact on a persons health.....

You have to understand how annoying that is, if it had happened to you....and I'm just glad it didn't !

Sorry for your problems
They were in Bagdad
HOOAH!

You might think about seeing a PTSD therapist.....your terminologies and definitions are a bit narrow. I know you need to believe that certain things must be true, that's why you choose to defend your country. But, life is full of variations and that's what my therapist taught me. So, go light on everyone...hooah !

Didn't say First Cav....

First US Squadron / First US Cavalry (Air Cav).....First Regiment of Dragoons (1/1 Cav) ! Out of Bundigen Germany...Blackhawks which was a front line screening, quick reactionary unit.....and you will have a hard time finding any history after the gulf war, because after the second deployment to Iraq in 2003 they disbanded the unit. We jumped from Mosal to Fallujah and all points in between to support a massive push. Three quarters of the original soldiers in my unit died....

Look, dude....I was an Oregon red neck that never touched cannabis until I had to. After I started vaping weed my health improved. If you can't understand that coming from a soldier that joined the military and was against people getting high, I don't know what to tell you. My first intitial tour was 3/8 Cav 3rd Armour out of Germany Gulf War and after we demolished the Iraqi Republican Guard some chowder head officer put the entire Division in the middle of 605 burning oil wells, that's to include the possibility of being exposed to sarin gas. Then, after I was medically retired in 2004, I was sick as ten MF's and I didn't touch any weed until the pain got so bad I couldn't sleep and was puking up all the time. After vaping weed my life changed and I don't think it was the supplements from the grocery store that made this kind of impact on me. I'm still against people getting high just for the hell of it, but who am I to tell another man what he should do. So, please.....the impact cannabis has on people's lives is for real ! I fought being sick for fifteen years in the military after the Gulf War and I was forced to retire...

Then someone is going to tell me that cannabis has no impact on a persons health.....

You have to understand how annoying that is, if it had happened to you....and I'm just glad it didn't !
War stories
Heard a lot of 'em
1st Cav - 1st Regiment of Dragoon - Kuwait and Bagdad
Tip of the Spear baby, Thunder Run
HOOAH!

The best listening sessions I ever had by far were on mushrooms, always picked right off the ground in the pastures around my home when I was younger. I've never heard my favorite albums more clearly than that, and there's no way for me to describe it to someone who's never listened like that. These days it's just a little glass or two of scotch. I get sleepy if I drink more than that because I listen with my eyes closed.

Our nearest neighbors 1.7 miles away and I agree on the blessing part of your statement.
103 miles north of SF. I spent a few years outside of Ft. Bragg on Ten Mile Ranch, had a creek outside the front door... loved it.. no artificial sound unless you made it. Had a nice place... it's a wonder what a quite background and open space does for a system.

Should have thought about those things before you signed up, because you didn't have to.

Can you understand why there are no bombs blowing up in this country or people getting randomly killed like what's happening in Europe. There has been 3500 violent assaults against the German people by refugees since that country opened its doors. In this country we have people thinking that their lives are separate from everyone else and they don't have to be involved if they don't want to. A secure life in this country comes from the effort, from those that care more than just about themselves. We have to deal with a crazy government, selfish rich people that invest in companies that take jobs overseas and violent groups of people that most Americans can not understand. There is more happening in this world than you want to understand....

The best listening sessions I ever had by far were on mushrooms, always picked right off the ground in the pastures around my home when I was younger. I've never heard my favorite albums more clearly than that, and there's no way for me to describe it to someone who's never listened like that. These days it's just a little glass or two of scotch. I get sleepy if I drink more than that because I listen with my eyes closed.
I've listened like that a couple of times in my younger life and you are right, there is no way to describe it except with abstractions which is almost like describing to a blind person what it's like to see, much less the difference between black and white and color.
Should have thought about those things before you signed up, because you didn't have to.
That's about the most insensitive ignorant comment I've ever read on this forum. Not mad about it, just the plain and simple truth of it.

So, what should this country have done ?

Nothing like the Europeans and get attacked inside our own country ?

Have you been chased by a jihadi with a knife like people in London ?

Did we ask someone to blow up the twin towers and kill over two thousand Americans ?

Just because people cry about things doesn't mean they understand the entire situation. Yes, rich people make money off war, yes, the Iraq War shouldn't have happened, yes we have always had stupid people in our government that screw things up....starting with being involved with World War One. But because people are buying imported goods our country doesn't have the tax money it had before. We the American people have always been paying debt. The problem now is who is not paying enough taxes....because conflict is inherently obvious. Look at our history...there will always be someone causing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom