Drive a Quad 303 from a 'tape out' ?

bennybee

Hi all,
Can I drive my Quad 303 power amp from the 'Tape Out' of an integrated amp when there is no 'Pre Out' on the amplifier? Is the level and quality of that signal OK?
Right now I am driving it with a Yamaha C-6 preamp, but I intend to sell that one but keep the lovely Quad.
Thanks & best regards,
Benny

You can always do an "audiophile grade line level attenuator" ... I used this as a volume control on a Carver Cube for a center channel.

attenuator-001.jpg

Of course, you'll probably want to do a better job of cleaning the old applesauce out of the custom case. <G>

It works though. Just clip an RCA cable and insert a 100k linear pot to do da doody ...

PS ... been running an outboard amp off a tape loop here for years. You can also chain an eq in line before the amp to add tone control and balance.

You can always do an "audiophile grade line level attenuator" ... I used this as a volume control on a Carver Cube for a center channel.

attenuator-001.jpg

Of course, you'll probably want to do a better job of cleaning the old applesauce out of the custom case. <G>

It works though. Just clip an RCA cable and insert a 100k linear pot to do da doody ...

PS ... been running an outboard amp off a tape loop here for years. You can also chain an eq in line before the amp to add tone control and balance.

Clever!

The line level attenuater will be the way to go then. Thanks sKiZo. Thanks to the other contributors as well.

Back
Top Bottom