Drive me a Mercury........

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I was cruisin' today in teh Merc and heard Stevie millers version of a Mercury song. And it occured to me that I need to get a Mercury compilation mix. So I am asking all you folks with different tastes in tunes to give me the names and performers of any Mercury songs you know. I know there has to be a bunch.
The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
Stevie Miller
Alan Jackson
and I think there is one by an RnB singer
I can't for the life of me remember the old original versions and who did them.
Thanks, me and my Lady thank you in advance. We plan on doin' a little Cruisin' on down the road this spring :smlove:

I went to Tower Records and did a search. I found it in all shapes and flavores, even a Latin version.:banana:

Dont forget the Alan Jackson song...Mercury Blues......

and.... Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln.....:D

From one merc fan to another!!

I just did a quick search at allmusic.com, and it came back with about 100 song titles with "Mercury". Might want to check it out. Just glancing, I saw:

Mercury - Counting Crows
Mercury Blues - Norton Buffalo, Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, Jimmy Thackery, Steve Miller
Mercury Girl - Alphaville

JD

I'm with Echo... David Lindley & El Rayo-X. The studio version is good, but if you can find the Live one, with the flourescent pink cover, it flat out smokes! Plus it has his killer dobro piece "Rag Bag" on it which is worth the price of admission in itself IMHO. Kind of hard to find now though I believe.

mOOn

I sampled the Lindley one, very cool. I agree very good. I think the one I like best, at least at first listen is by Paul Felton. Never heard of the guy, but that is the wonders of steaming samples. I heard lots of cool stuff last night. Ed Huey did a good one too, I put must get the album on my notes, so it has to be good :D
But I think the earliest I could find was K.C. Douglas, very cool. I am now on a search for every version........ A guy has to have a hobby ;)
P.S. I have also come to the conclusion that the only way to experience the 'net is high speed, what a blast.

I concur w/ EW--Lindley and El Rayo X--but especially the live in Japan version. Extended lapsteel break.

Back
Top Bottom