Driving a 77 year-old car....

2600 pounds, mechanical brakes, no power steering, 21-stud flathead V-8, non-synchro trans...even has an AM tube radio.

Six bolts hold the body to the frame. It's a handful but it will hit 70 mph on a level road.

View attachment 1159902
SWEET car! I can almost do that speed but it makes me nervous having a flathead 6 with a 3600rpm max, a 3.91 axle gear and a non OD trans....my 16x6 www tires only help a little.

Show us the GLH Turbo, too.

Maybe start a thread for that.
That one was sold long ago...right after I paid it off. Loved beating up mustangs with that car but it cost me too many speeding tickets.
I might still have a picture framed pic of it somewhere....was my 1st new car.

It's time to mention the numerous vintage vehicle ride-alongs at Jay Leno's garage on YouTube.

It's time to mention the numerous vintage vehicle ride-alongs at Jay Leno's garage on YouTube.
Gotta give credit to Jay, he did it right....spent his dough on things he truly loves (and can use just about every day), and most of his vehicles will probably prove to be decent investments. That`s the way to go, IMHO....

SWEET car! I can almost do that speed but it makes me nervous having a flathead 6 with a 3600rpm max, a 3.91 axle gear and a non OD trans....my 16x6 www tires only help a little.

Has to be on a nice, pothole-free, straight section of road. Preferably at least two-lanes wide.

No OD on it, and no tach, but I'm sure it's right at the limit. It does have Red's headers, true duals, 12 volt alternator, electronic ignition, and a big honkin' real air cleaner. The only mods from the way Henry built it.

I dig it. Great lines. Probably one of the last pre-war models. Looks like a fun car to tool around in.

Be interesting to find out how many were made - domestic car production took a BIG hit during the war years.

Friend of mine has a 1942 Dodge coupe ... fully stock, like right out of the factory ... been in the family for a couple or three generations now ... :thumbsup:

My brother had a '41 Plymmie 4 door when we were kids...think he paid 50 bucks for it. Beat the snot out of it and it kept goin'.

Back
Top Bottom