DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core

240sx4u said:
Nice! That does look like a big improvement to me though.
Yes, it could indeed be more than I realized on first look - I am not used to reading graphs like this. But I do understand ~6-8dB is infact quite a lot.

rodge827 said:
ToniCH, If you turn up the sub, do another calibration. You will notice it sounding even better.... Oops was reading this on my phone and missed that you weren't using a sub. Carry on ....
No problem, I do have a sub but I disconnected it when I bought the AAD-200 speakers as they are a bit bass heavy in my room. I will reconnect it after few days of listening like this and recalibrate and see how it sounds.

So, all suggestions are most welcome.

:smoke:

Last edited:
That's a very smooth roll-off, try bringing up that bottom octave a touch with the room curve tool on the Anti-Mode.

I today changed the connection from pre amp - Anti-Mode - head amp to the tape loop after some suggestions from local guys who have used the Anti-Mode longer. It should be better that way. Calibration graph looks very similar to my previous one.

So, testing continues.

I today changed the connection from pre amp - Anti-Mode - head amp to the tape loop after some suggestions from local guys who have used the Anti-Mode longer. It should be better that way. Calibration graph looks very similar to my previous one.

So, testing continues.

. I found the initial default correction (which goes up only to 200 Hz) quite good, but a bit “boxy” sounding on many recordings – changing the upper correction limit to 400 Hz completely fixed this. This is a major contrast to the TacT, which does full-range correction (only).

Was wondering if you had tried changing the upper correction limit from 200Hz to 400 Hz as Rich had?

Am I miss interpeting that node in the graph around 200 Hz

Well, no. Here in Finland people are rather limiting the correction range, not so much extending it. The argument is pretty much the same as what Rich made but the their conclusions are obviously the opposite. And some of those who have tried correction limit upto even 500Hz have gone back down after what they heard was not satisfying (same kind of complaint Rich made). But, I guess I have to try for myself.

So, this far I did try going down to 100Hz but then went back up to 150Hz which seems to be the default upper limit now in new units. Also tried with and without speaker dust covers and did get different results.

I haven't done much of manual tweaking yet, mainly just run the basic calibration. I did try to lift the low end on the room curve tool and then recalibrated but the results were not good so I went back to default there too. Rich, if I use the room curve tool (or any other manual tweaking tool) - should I make a new calibration after that so the AM can use the tweak I did as basis or is the correction ment to be left there without recalibrating?

EDIT: I now made a profile where correction was made upto 406Hz I think. I'll have to listen to it for few days to get a feeling of it.

Last edited:
I haven't done much of manual tweaking yet, mainly just run the basic calibration. I did try to lift the low end on the room curve tool and then recalibrated but the results were not good so I went back to default there too. Rich, if I use the room curve tool (or any other manual tweaking tool) - should I make a new calibration after that so the AM can use the tweak I did as basis or is the correction ment to be left there without recalibrating?
I'll answer to myself: Someone pointed out to me that I can choose from the menus a room response measurement and see the result of my manual adjustment on that curve without making a calibration. Its quite quick too.

This will probably need a new thread when it finally comes out but here is the X4 at Munich.

Ps. Finally it has enough digital inputs!

25044rc.jpg

2q19p1f.jpg

Cool - looking forward to learning more about that. Seeing the date on the thread, I'm surprised to see how long I've had the previous version, which I still love.

Back
Top Bottom