Dual 1246: Fix or not?

Nice! I'm envious of the vintage Marantz receiver. What model is it? I would love one, but for now my sub-vintage two channel SR 4120 is doing the job and has a phono input. I didn't know anything about Dual's and was after the Orbit, which is now my back-up. Love the Dual! Sounds really nice, at least to my novice ears. It has what is probably the original Shure RXT6 cartridge. I probably need a new stylus, but would have to go aftermarket, as it's discontinued by Shure, and have no idea what brand to go with. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

I was finally able to get the deck off the plinth and indeed, there was no steuerpimple to be seen. I made one out of coax cable as a temporary fix and it solved the problem! I'm happy to say that it was absolutely spotless in the inside and appeared to be well lubricated. I'm listening to it now. Thanks for your help all!

That's great! I really have to pull my table apart and replace my steuerpimple. I have one I ordered from eBay, just haven't gotten to it yet and my TT is getting wonkier.

That's great! I really have to pull my table apart and replace my steuerpimple. I have one I ordered from eBay, just haven't gotten to it yet and my TT is getting wonkier.
It's a fairly easy fix. For me, getting the getting the table off the plinth base was the most difficult part, only because I had not done it before.

Is a steuerpimple the same as a white guide tip as on my Dual CS 627Q Automatic Turntable?

I repaired the lack of tonearm motion because of the lack of a white guide tip with a short piece of yellow Tygon fuel line used for a weed eater fuel line with success. It has lasted several years. I just cut a piece and allowed for about 1/16 inch to extend below the rod it is held by.

Your video shows the lift steuerpimple to be similar to use and location of the Dual CS 627Q white guide tip.

Charlie

Is a steuerpimple the same as a white guide tip as on my Dual CS 627Q Automatic Turntable?

I repaired the lack of tonearm motion because of the lack of a white guide tip with a short piece of yellow Tygon fuel line used for a weed eater fuel line with success. It has lasted several years. I just cut a piece and allowed for about 1/16 inch to extend below the rod it is held by.

Your video shows the lift steuerpimple to be similar to use and location of the Dual CS 627Q white guide tip.

Charlie
I'm not familiar with that model, but it's probably the same thing. It seems that most Duel TT's had this mechanical design, and has been an issue with all, from what I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom