Dual-Connect speaker cables

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Here they are as shipped:

dualconnect2.jpg

Per AK guidlines, I will not get into a cable debate here. I will say in my opinion, in my system, these cables did open up the high end more with detail not present before.

Wow, they look interesting. So there are two conductors in a single sheath for each wire? What's are the advantages compared to single conductor wire? I'm not currently in the market for exotic wire but I'd sure like to learn about the various configurations.

I also saw your thread on SHTV that decended into sillyness. Good to see you shrugged it off and forged ahead.

Wow, they look interesting. So there are two conductors in a single sheath for each wire? What's are the advantages compared to single conductor wire? I'm not currently in the market for exotic wire but I'd sure like to learn about the various configurations.

I also saw your thread on SHTV that decended into sillyness. Good to see you shrugged it off and forged ahead.

The best would be for you to head on over to http://dual-connect.com/ and read up on these. As for SH's forums, they tend to be a very critical crowd. I give my opinion and leave it at that.

A wise man once said, "the only person who has to like your stereo is you."

Is the insulation Teflon?
(EDIT) Finally got Dual-Connect's webpage to load for me. It is indeed Teflon. :yes:

Last edited:
The I/C's are a little more expensive than I would have thought, but the speaker cables are about what I thought they would cost.

I would love to hear what they sounded like compared to my cables(goertz Sapphires/AG2).

Per AK guidlines, I will not get into a cable debate here. I will say in my opinion, in my system, these cables did open up the high end more with detail not present before.

I bet they sound wonderful!! They sure are attractive!!

A

The box they come in even looks expensive. Did they take a while to burn in or is that just a myth?

The box they come in even looks expensive. Did they take a while to burn in or is that just a myth?

I don't know about burn in. I'm not a real cable guy, but I do like these. For me it was most likely getting use to the new sound. Maybe even pshyco-acoustics. I don't think I would have noticed a difference in some of my older systems. The 2-channel now is at such a level that the cables are the weakest link. Bottom line, I'm happy with them in my system.

I don't think you're crazy, but for that kind of $$ I have a whole round of upgrades to get to before I buy the final ICs. I'd have to be at 3 or 4 stages better speakers (already at Infinity and BA), maybe at combo tube and SS pre & amps, etc. But, if your system is already there and you're down to the real fine tuning - rock on with silver & gold (wasn't that a Fog Hat tune?) :)

It would be a good thing if you could start one of the 'no cost' auditioning things where these cables get sent around and one's only responsibility is to give an honest evaluation of the cable and then pay to ship to the next person. I hereby volunteer to be first in line for these. :thmbsp::D

It would be a good thing if you could start one of the 'no cost' auditioning things where these cables get sent around and one's only responsibility is to give an honest evaluation of the cable and then pay to ship to the next person. I hereby volunteer to be first in line for these. :thmbsp::D

How many years would the 'evaluation period' be, again? :music:

The best would be for you to head on over to http://dual-connect.com/ and read up on these. As for SH's forums, they tend to be a very critical crowd. I give my opinion and leave it at that.

A wise man once said, "the only person who has to like your stereo is you."

Luther, given that you mention the SH site, have you ever tried the Grover cables? I have and actually likem quite a bit, but stopped upgrading some models ago...

Wow, look nice!! Wonder how they would stack up to higher-end offerings from Nordost or Siltech?

Back
Top Bottom