Dual Setting Gauge

$29.95 plus shipping and it sold!

I get your point about the gauge being more acurate than the arm. It would be interesting to do it with the gauge and see how far off. I haven't played albums for years and am enjoying the renewed experience. In the past I've never aligned anything on a turntable. :no: I know that's sacrelegious but it's true.

Guess I'm looking for the easy way out.

Jim

Tsk tsk. Want as little wear on the records as possible? Want the best sound? Then you gotta align. Laziness is not an option :D The results with those printable gauges will be just as good, and the price (zero) is right. And from what I've seen, headshells/arm heads have been screwed on and adjustable for VTA (vertical tracking angle) as far back as at least the 1226.

I've got both printable gauges if you want 'em, Jim. Gimme an email address in PM and they're yours.

Tom

Last edited:
need to get into tight places with a cleaner lubricant? I have run into this issue several times and found that if you use a syringe, it will work quite well. You don't have to pick up one off the street, they are available in most electronic stores just for the purpose of oiling hard to reach spots. Simply fill it with your choice of cleaner and have at it. If you reall need to make a 90 degree turn, take a spray tube from a can and attach that to the "needle" end to extend and make it easier to reach the spot you are aiming for, like that little indent in the pot that is close to the pc board. Just remember to pull the unit apart and clean it before using it again. Hope this has helped.

Back
Top Bottom