Dual Shure Combinations

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by Cylontymany, May 24, 2018.

1. Cylontymany

Cylontymany Well-Known Member

Could someone give me a lesson in what Shure carts came with certain tables? I have a CS 601 that sometimes came with V15 III carts. I have seen DU DM and others but would like to know what these designations are and so forth. Thanxs

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jcamero

jcamero If you get confused just listen to the music play Subscriber

Maybe a little help... Capture.PNG

3. ear4audio

ear4audio AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not the complete list:
    DM101MG (M91)
    DM103MG (M91)
    DU10-M75E TYPE 2
    M75E-D19
    M75E-D19 TYPE 2
    M75MG-D
    M80E-D (M55)
    M80E-D19
    M91E-D12
    M95HE-D
    V15II-D12
    V15III-DM/DU

These models were pre-mounted onto Dual headshells.

4. AdamAnt316

AdamAnt316 Collector of heavy things Subscriber

Shure cartridges were commonly fitted to Dual turntables in general, at least until the advent of the ULM arm. My 1218 came with a Shure Pro-7 (M95 variant) installed, and I bought a 1219 tonearm off of eBay whose cartridge sled was fitted with an M55E. Both of these were normally mounted using screws; the D/DU/DM cartridges, as mentioned above, were pre-fitted to Dual cartridge sleds using glue. I'm not sure that any Dual models were always fitted with a particular Shure cartridge by default; Dual offered their own cartridges even before the ULM era.
    -Adam

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  5. lini

lini just me...

Ctm: You'll find overview lists in the Dual Zubehör (= accessories) catalogues, of which you can find some on the catalogue page of the Dual section of Lulabu's archive: http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/dual_k.html You'd better look (and maybe better also save what you need) soon, though - 'cause as far as I'm aware Lutz' free hoster Pytal is going to close down soon, and Lutz is currently still looking for a new home for the archive, so that it might be inaccessible for a while.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

malden likes this.
  6. Cylontymany

Thanxs so much for the info-I am really interested in the V15 III DU/DM for my 601 What does DU DM mean?

7. stoN_Cold

stoN_Cold Super Member

Dual fastening without nut.

[​IMG]

beatcomber likes this.
  8. NoTransistors

NoTransistors Dual Turntables Super-Restorer Subscriber

Manfred, Hi!

The main website from which you got the literature from is gone. It listed Dual models, plus their sales brochures, repair manuals, test reports, etc. Was absolutely wonderful. Where did it go?

9. lini

lini just me...

Seth: The main Dual page should still be accessible at the moment. Same link as above, just without the "_k".

And as I've read earlier on the German Dual-Board, Lutz supposedly is already confident, that he's found an alernative.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

10. stoN_Cold

stoN_Cold Super Member

11. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

How would this be in any alignment?
    I have never understood how this is possible and I own the jig!!!

12. stoN_Cold

stoN_Cold Super Member

13. Cylontymany

Which V15 III came with the 601? I am kinda at odds to which way to go as far as which type 3 to put on my 601

14. ear4audio

ear4audio AK Subscriber Subscriber

This came with my 601

DUAL-III-1.jpg

Same cartridge shell as the 701. The cartridge snaps right off so the shell can be used with other cartridges.

15. lini

lini just me...

ctm: Over here none - because over here it came with the Dual M20E (which is similar, but not identical to Ortofon's own M20E Super).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

16. lbls1

lbls1 Active Member

My CS 1246 has the M44c cartridge (I don't know if the TT originally came with it or if someone installed it). Its a good combination that doesn't have hum or background noise issues, and does well with recorded voices.

17. stereofisher

stereofisher For the Love of the Music Subscriber

Have used the v15 type III on a Dual 1229. Used screws. Qaulity varies. I did not like it. Got another one recently. Came with a parts Garlard Zero 100. The V15 was a bonus. Put it on another Zero 100. This one is great!. Sounds terrific. This uses screws too. Recommended.

18. 91r100gs

91r100gs Lunatic Member

The used Dual 1219 I acquired has what appears to be a factory installed metal body M91. Still works like a champ and sounds very nice with the 4 different styli I have. My favorite being a Jico HE from TuntableNeedles.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  19. stereofisher

stereofisher For the Love of the Music Subscriber

My early 1219 has a M91ED. That too is recommended.

20. Cylontymany

Wow! Thanxs a bunch! I have missed a few opertunities to get a V15III but I am not willing to pay into the hype especially if a cart is minus the original stylus. Far as Im conerned Shure has been out of it for many years but now that they finally made it official some folks are going to try to jack the prices up.