Dual Shure Combinations

I believe that one has a conical tip. Nothing wrong with that, I was considering getting one myself to use on worn records.

The nice thing about JICO conicals is that they are all .6 mil tips. which produce the high frequencies a little better than the standard .7 mil. I'll take a real JICO with a conical tip over any EVG with a so-called elliptical any day.

@malden,
This is the one I was referring to. I think it is for a V-15 type 3 :dunno: :idea:
https://lptunes.com/products/stylus-for-shure-v15-type-iii-cartridge

I was not aware that proof of ownership was required to share information in this forum. When I made my previous post, I was not at my main computer and did not have access to all of my personal photos. I did cut and paste an image of a Shure 2215 mounted in an MCS head shell. As proof that I actually own and have personal experience with that cartridge, as well as the Realistic R700E I also referenced, I have updated my original post to include photos of my personal cartridges.

As far as my owning a Realistic Elac Miracord 45, I make no apologies. I seem to recall the motto of this forum being All Audio, No Attitude (yep, there it is, right at the top of this page). I thought all were welcome here. I purposely mentioned my two Realistic turntables, because the poster I was relying to specifically said he has a Realisitc table. I thought he might find my experience with vintage Shure cartridges on similar tables relevant, or at least interesting.

In an effort to get this thread back on topic, I also have a Shure 91ED that came as original equipment on a Dual 1228 (gasp, another lowly changer!). And here's a photo for proof of ownership:

Shure_M91_ED.jpg

Back
Top Bottom