Dummy moment, What are these terminals called?

Bassblaster

Having a dumb moment over here. What exactly are these type of screw terminals called and where can i buy new ones?

20181121_192843[1].jpg

what i need is just the screws the the square washer. but it looks like Barrier strip is what they are. AK to the rescue once again!

I agree totally with Powertech. Used with properly crimped on connectors for the wires they insure a gas tight connection that won't give you problems down the road.
Sure they don't have the bling that gold plated banana plug connectors have but they WORK. I love my vintage gear with the screw connectors. When I updated the crossovers on my HeathKit AS101's (Altec Valencias in nicer cabinets) I bought new terminal strips to use.
Banana plugs only make a small partial contact in the female jack, it's not a secure gas tight seal.

BillWojo

what i need is just the screws the the square washer. but it looks like Barrier strip is what they are. AK to the rescue once again!

We used to call them "teeter terminals" when they were made (by the millions):

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3744012.html

They are sometimes generically referred to as "pressure plate terminals" as well.

A company named "Cinch" used to buy them by the millions.

Last edited:
Those terminals are still used on fire alarm notification appliances to this day. I probably have a few busted ones under my desk if you can't find them anywhere else. Would have to confirm screw thread though.

They look like they are for a car amplifier. Do you need some?
they are on a car amplifier. and yes i do need some new ones with that square washer. most of whats on that amp now are rusted and a handful are stripped. just dont know what to search to find them new. was hoping i could get like a 20 pack from ebay

Those are extremely common on many low voltage alarm/telephone/PA/etc. devices. Used properly with crimp connectors or at least without stray conductors sticking out they work perfectly fine.

Thread pitch may vary, depending on origin. You might take one to a hardware store to determine the thread.

Back
Top Bottom