Dumpster Diving

I went into a walk in dumpster once...full of computer bits and pieces from a company closing down...
Was so engrossed I worked my way through all the stuff to the enclosed end and found a hard drive I was working lose, didn't even hear the fork lift driver come out with a load and tipped it all on top of me!
Screamed out stop...
Had a bleeding sore head...
Fork lift driver went white when I popped up yelling...
Did the OHS go mental...
Was so lucky...never again..

Dumpster diving...

Istanbul-7-Dumpster-Cats.jpg

Have to clear it with the cats first.

^^ Those aren't just confined to dumpsters either. Theoretically anything you get from someone else's house could have pests.

That is exactly why used stuff that comes to my house gets quarantined for awhile, taken apart and inspected. Ported speakers seem like they would be a great place for things to crawl into......yuk.

The bed bug thing definitely has me thinking twice about it now, but...

I have gotten some really cool stuff from dumpsters, from rolling toolboxes to speakers to vintage Beer Clocks and even a nice wheelbarrow one time (which was awesome as i needed one at the time)...even a FULL patio set.

I have lived in a couple of HOA type neighborhoods that had yearly "cleanup weekends" with a couple of large roll-off dumpsters for residents to unload their "junk." those were often times goldmines for decent stuff.

Been a long time though since I've dived.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom