1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Dumpster MCS 3207

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Punker, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Punker

Punker New Member

I don't have any experience but I have fixed TVs and video game consoles

2. Lavane

Lavane AK Subscriber Subscriber

It does seem like there is a bad connection in the light circuit. Maybe a bad solder joint or maybe a loose connector. You might try a new thread asking about AK techs in your area. We have some good ones here.

3. Punker

Punker New Member

I live in Adams Massachusetts. I have a techs number from a local antique dealer it's the his tech. Do you think I should call his tech?

4. Lavane

Lavane AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sure, why not. Just get a quote first. Then decide if its worth it to you.

5. Punker

Punker New Member

Thank you I will call him soon. When I cleaned out the dust inside the receiver I was the only one who's been inside there in 38 yrs

6. Punker

Punker New Member

I do think that the control pots needs to be clean

7. OMGCat!

OMGCat! AK Subscriber Subscriber

Definitely use some deoxit in the control pots. If you've been inside other electronics you shouldn't have too much trouble inside this. There's no surface mount anything and there should be a decent amount of room to work. There's also no HV to worry about like in TVs though mains voltage can definitely be dangerous.
    With only some of the bulbs working you either have some burned bulbs or a bad connection somewhere which shouldn't be too hard to track down if you're comfortable. Even if you bring it to a shop it shouldn't be too much labor time to diag and fix.

8. Punker

Punker New Member

Thank you there's is old worn out electrical tape where the fuse is. Plus the speaker wire input terminals are dusty and dirty. I am hearing cuts and static from the speakers

9. faber12

faber12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

10. Punker

Punker New Member

Thank you I will do that. I want to upgrade the lights to green LEDS

11. Punker

Punker New Member

I found out the problem parts of the circuit board is burnt out and corrosion on the circuit board too

12. Punker

Punker New Member

There's rust on the circuit board. I have one bad cap too. When I found it my Autistic brother plugged it in and hooked up small TV speakers into the speaker terminals when I told him not to plug it in and it was raining when I found it. So he probably blew a Cap out

13. Punker

Punker New Member

There's rust on the circuit board and a bad cap

14. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

Be sure to clean any speaker selector and stereo/mono switches too.

15. Punker

Punker New Member

How do I take care of the rust on the board

16. OMGCat!

OMGCat! AK Subscriber Subscriber

You can use something like deoxit on the board to clean the corrosion. Spray a little on and use an old toothbrush to clean the rust.
    Inspect the solder joints for corrosion and if you find any I would remove the old solder and resolder the joint.

17. Punker

Punker New Member

Thank you I will do that