1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Dust cap problem on Heresey ll

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by ccawker, May 29, 2018.

1. ccawker

ccawker Active Member

Dented in and was looking at other posts and the "tape" thing nor the "vacuum" seems to work......someone had success with the KG2 as he just cut it off and reglued it,but the Heresey dustcap is not like those.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    thank you.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. silversport

silversport Super Member

some have had success with a small push pin...piercing the dust cap and then manually pulling it to it's normal profile...remember this is only a dust cap and usually the dented look is the only issue with it being pushed in...good luck with yours... (When I tried this on a pair of Quartets...either the tape or vacuum way worked for me)

3. Searing75

Searing75 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Stronger tape? Or, the small pin method. I use old JBL’s for my guitar rig. The ones with the aluminum dust caps. They often get dented. It’s purely cosmetic, but it drives me nuts. Try real duct tape. Not the popular brand, but the actual metallic like, silvery stuff. It’s very Sticky and will work I bet.

silversport likes this.
  4. nbndtrain

nbndtrain Active Member

apply duct tape with a pencil eraser and let sit for an hour then yank straight back

5. fernarias

fernarias Super Member

Use a pick (the thinner the better and it's so useful for other things) if you have cloth dust cap. Just insert and pull the dust cap back into shape. Have done it with mine (people can't keep their hands off of tits).
    pick.jpg

moray james likes this.
  6. AnalogBrad

AnalogBrad AK Subscriber Subscriber

One of the dust caps on my Heresy I is damaged. I bought 3" dust caps from PE which are too small. What is the proper size to replace the dust cap, and vendor suggestion? They will look a bit odd with the faded off-white cone and black dust cap, but that's not an issue.

7. Hajidub

Hajidub Chihuahua/Pug = Chug Subscriber

BTW the vacuum method works best if you have the end on the cover when you turn it on (most suction at the very beginning). If you can't use a pin to get it out just leave it and put the grill cover back on.

8. Ramseybella

Ramseybella AK Member

Know this is old. If you have a felt like dust cap that has a crease when you have pulled the dent. I dampen the cap with water then put a clip pin close to the dent. Pull it out hold the pin in place. Release the pressure the dent and crease gone cap looks normal. Have done this on four or five caps. Works.

9. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

This tool is great for re tightening tube sockets as well. :)

10. AnalogBrad

AnalogBrad AK Subscriber Subscriber

To answer my own question, the 3 1/2" dust cap from speakerworks fits. I replaced the caps on both speakers, as they are the decorator series with no grills.

11. KlipschFan61

KlipschFan61 Smooth Jazzer

My cat dug one of his feet into mine. I wasn't pleased.