Dust Cover Restoration Question

Angry Possum

So i have noticed there are over 2853 threads in the TT category and got a little lazy again to thumb thru and find one appropriate for this question. Anyways i just got a Technics Sl 1200 from my brother in law and he used a mat finish spray paint on the dustcover. He said there were stickers on the dustcover originally, so he removed the stickers and spray painted the mat finish on the top of the dust cover due to the cosmetic issues from the stickers. Question is would a 3M or some type of headlight restore kit etc. take the paint off the cover and can i restore it close to its original state. And what would you recommend to do the restoration.

Thanks....

The Angry Possum

Last edited:
Find the thread started by AK member pustelniakr on how to restore a dust cover. I tried to find it but could not find it. He took a drab looking dust cover and turned it into a jewel.

For what it is worth. I did a friends dc. Wet sand with a soft block. 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, grit. Buff with auto buff compound (I used 3M). Changed pad #2 polish, changed pad for #3. Went from a 3 to a strong 8 in looks.

I was working on a dust cover and tried Magic Eraser on it - worked well at removing some of the finer scratches, left a slight haze that I buffed out with some polish - Magic Eraser, not just for stylus cleaning

Back
Top Bottom