Dustcover Restoration

K

kajguy03

Hi. Just wondering if there's anything that can be done to buff out scracthes/discoloration on a turntable dustcover.

Minor scratches I use plastic cleaner / polish from:
Sumner Laboratories Inc.
Phone: 617-482 9000.
Fax: 617-482 9001
Order desk: 800-542-6656
Item# 210 Plastic cleaner/Polish.
Works great and is anti static.
For heavy scratches they also have 210 Plus.;)

Works good on turntable cover or dustcover for reel to reel, VU-meters, faceplates etc..:)

I have polished out imperfections on plastic lenses of car instrument panels with semichrome polish, and lately Meguiar's Clear Plastic Cleaner #17. I've done plastic head light lenses, that were scratched BAD, with an assortment of wet/dry ultra fine sand paper, used for color sanding automotive finishes. If the scratches were bad, I'd start with 1200 grit and work up to 2500 grit. Finish it off with the # 17. They came out clear. The process should work on the dust covers.

The best and easiest and best way to polish plastic is with brasso. I have been using it for 30 years…George :D

go to www.micro-surface.com and look for the KR-70 Restoration Kit. Good for 30 SF. Cost is about $25.00 but you can find a few other locations on the web where it will run you about $200.00 and shipping. Works wonders and that is what it is made for... resoring acrylic and plastic....

Back
Top Bottom