DVD player in checked bag or carry on?

rayj

Need to bring a cheapie no name Walmart DVD player on a flight and would like to maximize my chances for survival. Would checked baggage pretty much doom it? Nothing I can really do like securing the mechanism inside is there ? Cheapie Walmart Symphonic brand and only really care if it works when I get there.

Thanks

I'd carry it on, but be prepared to show it to them just like a laptop. In fact, have the instruction manual with you if you have it.

Agree. Carry it on. About a half hour ago I breezed through TSA with a Pelican case with two Lectrosonics Wireless microphones, a Sound Devices 301 mixer, and a MacBook Pro. They just looked at it in the X-ray and sent me on my way.

Last edited:
I've brought stuff back both ways. On my last flight, I brought a bunch of records as carry-on and checked a dbx 3BX. It was wrapped in about four layers of bubble wrap, cross-ways and lengthwise. I put it in a hard sided suitcase with lots of clothing all around. It arrived in the same condition that it left in. I'm not sure about something with mechanical components inside, though your DVD has been shipped in its past from country of manufacture, to ports, to distribution centers, etc. The key is in how it's packed.

Back
Top Bottom