Dynaco A-25

I got a free pair and did all the electrical work and they sound great. They need some love on the outside now but are a nice speaker.

Still hoping one day to have a pair. Wonderful AK'er sent me a pair, but they had some issues (both woofers rubbing, tweeter dead) so the hunt continues.

I have a pair hooked up to a Sansui 661 in the living room I use it with a Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter, I stream music all day long from it and it sound AMAZING!!

Suddenly, a 3 year old thread comes back to life!

Been lucky with Dynaco A25s. A friend, moving from a house to an apartment, brought over a pair, in the original boxes, and looking unused. Gifted them to me. I removed my older pair, put them away, and am enjoying the new ones. I prefer my OLAs, but the smaller size of the Dynacos is a real bonus. I'm using them as part of a bedroom system.

I'm not familiar with the results of stacking speakers. Anybody want to chime in on stacked A25s. What to expect. Hooked up in series or parallel?

The resurrection of this old thread continues.... I found a pair of Dynaco A25's at a church rummage sale last weekend for $20. The cabinets aren't bad but they could look better, so they'll get the Howard's Restore A Finish treatment. The drivers work perfectly. They sound particularly good with the Fisher X-100C tube amp. As others have noted, the Dynacos may not be great at any one thing, but just about everything sounds good with them, especially records from the 60s and 70s. I've got them on stands about 16" off the floor. They don't give you the detail and imaging of more modern speakers, but they sure are pleasant and easy to listen to. I was originally thinking of flipping them, but I might keep them.

I've had the A25's for a few years now (not the XL) and I can say they give me bass like no other speaker this size. I have run my Sansui 7070 and Marantz 5250 with the A25's and its a very impressive match. Thunder Struck for sure!

Hi Guys. I have bought ITT 235SD with d3804 mid/tweet. Looks like a better A25 design.

Cabinets were upgraded with new speaker plugs, new capacitors, and resistors.

With my EL84 almp they sound very nice.

I stumped upon an idea somewhere on diya to remove the front metal, mesh type, grille that sits on the tweeter.

Some say it will open the sound a bit, help imagining and stuff like that.

On the other hand, some say that this metal mesh refracts the sound making it less directional but more widespread.

Metal grille is glued hard so taking it off is cumbersome task.

Please share opinions on that matter.

Cheers.

33FWK_%20D3804.jpg

Hi Guys. I have bought ITT 235SD with d3804 mid/tweet. Looks like a better A25 design.

Cabinets were upgraded with new speaker plugs, new capacitors, and resistors.

With my EL84 almp they sound very nice.

I stumped upon an idea somewhere on diya to remove the front metal, mesh type, grille that sits on the tweeter.

Some say it will open the sound a bit, help imagining and stuff like that.

On the other hand, some say that this metal mesh refracts the sound making it less directional but more widespread.

Metal grille is glued hard so taking it off is cumbersome task.

Please share opinions on that matter.

Cheers.

33FWK_%20D3804.jpg

Don't worry about it. The audible effect, if any, is miniscule. Enjoy the music.

A few years ago when I first got in to vintage equipment I bought a Pioneer SX828 and a pair of Dynaco A-25's. I listened to this for a bit and eventually bought different things. I put this stereo in a room with a CD player for my wife a while back as it wasn't getting used and she wanted a "Woman cave" as I had my own room. I was just up there talking to her and decided to put some music on to listen to this system as I hadn't listened to it in a while. It was surprising how nice those Dynaco's sounded. So nice and warm and very easy listening. Of course they aren't as good as my cornwalls but the match so well with the system I have them on I actually enjoyed listening to them very much. I'll have to visit that room every now and then for a listen.

I just brought home a Pioneer SX-828 from the shop and hooked it up to Dynaco A-25 speakers. Yes indeed, a very nice combination.

I recently bought a pioneer sx828 from eBay and hooked it up on my bookshelf Sony speakers rated 120 watts at 8ohms. Unfortunately, the sound is very low on a maximum volume. I can barely hear the music from the speakers. I tried every possible settings on the selectors but the outcome is still the same. Can anyone please help me with this problem? I am new to a vintage system. Thanks!
Ykcir

YKCIR
#1- move this to general audio and ask, your inquiry affects the A25 info
#2- sounds like a tape monitor switch may be stuck, although it's doubtful you would hear much, even at full bore. Read the Deoxit thread, clean the controls, then proceed.

Back
Top Bottom