Dynaco A10 cross over

tb63

Hello I have a very nice cosmetic set of Dynaco A10s. Unfortunately one of them must have been dropped at some point. The crossover is broken up. The coil is busted from the circuit board. Does anyone know of a donor unit or have any suggestions on a fix?image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

There may have been a strap or bracket (of what material I don't know) that held the inductor to the plate. Looks like it broke away from the plate, and the hot glue was just not adhesive enough. If there isn't a metal or ferrite core inside the wire coil, then you probably could use a couple of sturdy plastic wire ties/zip ties to hold to the plate. A product I like better than hot glue is Goop, which is an adhesive. It does need to air out for 24 hours before it fully dries.

While you're there, you probably should consider re-capping the crossover.

A couple of AK threads and pics:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...something-for-you-dynaco-speaker-fans.259625/

I had some of the original A10's that used the same tweeter as the A25's. Definitely had more of an in-depth crossover network versus the A25's single capacitor. Nice sounding little speakers.

021.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom