Dynaco a25 Speakers!! Should I get em?

TheWolf82

Hello fellow AK’ers

Came across a pair of Dynaco a25. Well, I think there a25 ‘s

Never had a pair but I’m very curious do you to the immense following they have.

I own a pair of KLH model sixes and Advent/1 speakers and love them

Here’s a picture of them. It’s the only one I have. Getting them for 30 bucks. Good deal?

Attachments

• C66E3896-C8C0-48BC-AE22-7557D8F07007.png
    C66E3896-C8C0-48BC-AE22-7557D8F07007.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 199
Thank you...That’s definitely what I was thinking. I’m going to get them today. Thanks for the feedback guys

Cant say with 100% certainty but they certainly look the part.

The veneer is pretty thick so its easily sanded and refinished.

You may find the large soft dome tweeter of the Dynaco's to be a bit smoother and have a bit more extension than the paper cone's of the Advent and KLH.

The bass may or may not be to your liking. The Advent and KLH use an acoustic suspension(sealed) enclosure. This gives fast/tight/accurate bass at the cost of some low end extension. The Dynaco uses and "aperiodic membrane" and attempts to bridge the gap between a sealed and ported enclosure(deeper bass at the expense of speed/accuracy).

For $30 you really cant loose.

Cant say with 100% certainty but they certainly look the part.

The veneer is pretty thick so its easily sanded and refinished.

You may find the large soft dome tweeter of the Dynaco's to be a bit smoother and have a bit more extension than the paper cone's of the Advent and KLH.

The bass may or may not be to your liking. The Advent and KLH use an acoustic suspension(sealed) enclosure. This gives fast/tight/accurate bass at the cost of some low end extension. The Dynaco uses and "aperiodic membrane" and attempts to bridge the gap between a sealed and ported enclosure(deeper bass at the expense of speed/accuracy).

For $30 you really cant loose.
Thanks wmgwizard for the great info. I’m definitely going to pick them up it’s just a matter of when this guy messages me back. He’s actually had them sitting on offer up for like a week. He didn’t list them as Dynacos...just as “speakers” with Other speakers as the main picture. Either nobody’s noticed except me, or he’s really bad at communication and hasn’t been able to meet up with anybody yet. Either way, it’s priority for me today

No, they’re not gone yet. We spoke last night through message at about midnight. He agreed to my $30 offer. He tried to sell me three pairs of speakers for 100. I don’t want the other two speakers. A pair of generic pioneer speakers, and a pair of crappy Sony towers. I messaged him two hours ago this morning and he hasn’t message me back. Maybe he’s sleeping, it is Sunday. I guess I’ll see. I’ll definitely be back to post further pictures

Could also be A25XL speakers. A25s have a 5 position tweeter level rotary switch on the back, A25XL has a 3 position switch, different tweeter, different woofer.

Could also be A25XL speakers. A25s have a 5 position tweeter level rotary switch on the back, A25XL has a 3 position switch, different tweeter, different woofer.
That’s kind of what I was thinking was that they could be the XL version because they look a little bit bigger. It’s hard to tell. Wish this freaking guy would respond to me already.

And so it’s pretty much done. He messaged me back that somebody made an offer on all speakers. Crazy - He had no offers for a week and a half, and then I make an offer for one of the pairs and he now has an offer for all speakers. Said he get back with me if it didn’t work out. Well, that wraps that up pretty much. Thanks for all the input and maybe I’ll hear from him. I kind of doubt it.

Oh well. It happens. Maybe an AKer knew the A25 was worth a couple bills and would take the other speakers just to secure the deal since it was posted here and who knows who saw it.

I know that I wanted a tt but not the receiver or speakers but since the total price was less than I would have paid for the table and the seller wanted em gone, I picked it all up fo the asking price. Sometimes it is best to help the seller out.

sorry for your loss. I was listening to my A25s last night driven by a 200 wpc Citation amp. Bedroom so I don't use that much power.

Back
Top Bottom