Dynaco a25 Speakers!! Should I get em?

If you had posted this in $&¢ forum folks would have told you to run and get them right now as they are worth 6 times the asking price. But we have all lost great deals and another one will come your way.

Oh well. It happens. Maybe an AKer knew the A25 was worth a couple bills and would take the other speakers just to secure the deal since it was posted here and who knows who saw it.

I know that I wanted a tt but not the receiver or speakers but since the total price was less than I would have paid for the table and the seller wanted em gone, I picked it all up fo the asking price. Sometimes it is best to help the seller out.

sorry for your loss. I was listening to my A25s last night driven by a 200 wpc Citation amp. Bedroom so I don't use that much power.
I considered just giving him his asking price for all speakers but in all honesty, I shouldn’t be buying anymore speakers at the moment because I’m a bit strapped for cash. Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be. I’ll be looking for another pair now, that’s for sure...

If you had posted this in $&¢ forum folks would have told you to run and get them right now as they are worth 6 times the asking price. But we have all lost great deals and another one will come your way.
Everybody did tell me to run and get them. I have been messaging the guy since 10am this morning since he agreed to 30 for the Dynacos last night around midnight...he messaged me back around 4 that someone made an offer on all speakers but he’d let me know if it didn’t pan out. I shoulda said screw it and Made an offer on all speakers....damnit...I’m just don’t have much extra cash right now.

They're very good but not good enough to fret over. Besides, the XL versions are the ones to get if you like your music appropiately loud from time to time. And with more extension on top and bottom. Other wise same sound.

Everybody did tell me to run and get them. I have been messaging the guy since 10am this morning since he agreed to 30 for the Dynacos last night around midnight...he messaged me back around 4 that someone made an offer on all speakers but he’d let me know if it didn’t pan out. I shoulda said screw it and Made an offer on all speakers....damnit...I’m just don’t have much extra cash right now.

You cannot get them all. Today, I saw a CL ad for some Klipsch Heresy speakers for $60. I immediately called, but it was two hours after the ad posted. Too late. :(

You cannot get them all. Today, I saw a CL ad for some Klipsch Heresy speakers for $60. I immediately called, but it was two hours after the ad posted. Too late. :(
I hear you. Same thing happened to me with some Klipsch Quartets last week....I think they were listed for 80. Oh well

a moot point it appears but are those A35's?
I don’t know. I was thinking they could be XL’s or A35’s...I guess I’ll never know ☹️

He hasn’t marked them as sold so I messaged him this morning saying I would make an offer on all speakers if the other person didn’t come through. He selling five speakers and said he’d sell them to me at all for 100. I made an offer for 30 for just the Dynacos and he agreed. Later in the day he messaged me that somebody made an offer for all speakers...I’m still hoping LOL.

I hope you can still get those Dynacos, they are legendary in that such relatively-speaking "cheap" speakers could be as good. In the 70s' they were frequently called "poor man's Advents".
At the risk of this post getting deleted - suggest you reconsider putting your location in with your forum screen name. Not accusing anyone on AK of taking note and jumping on South FL craigslists searching for same, but: Dynacos are sought after as they are highly profitable flippers by those that are into audio for "more money, less attitude".

For 30 bucks? Yes without a question. If they're not your cup of tea just clean them up and sell them pretty much straight profit.

I hope you can still get those Dynacos, they are legendary in that such relatively-speaking "cheap" speakers could be as good. In the 70s' they were frequently called "poor man's Advents".
At the risk of this post getting deleted - suggest you reconsider putting your location in with your forum screen name. Not accusing anyone on AK of taking note and jumping on South FL craigslists searching for same, but: Dynacos are sought after as they are highly profitable flippers by those that are into audio for "more money, less attitude".
Gotcha. I hope I still have a change of getting them. I have some great speakers so I won’t lose too much sleep over it. I happened to be thinking about the Dynacos a lot lately due to always hearing so much praise over them and then came across them. I love my KLH Model Sixes but wanted something new to play with I’ll be hunting for these now if this deal doesn’t work out

I don’t know. I was thinking they could be XL’s or A35’s...I guess I’ll never know ☹️

He hasn’t marked them as sold so I messaged him this morning saying I would make an offer on all speakers if the other person didn’t come through. He selling five speakers and said he’d sell them to me at all for 100. I made an offer for 30 for just the Dynacos and he agreed. Later in the day he messaged me that somebody made an offer for all speakers...I’m still hoping LOL.

For 5 pairs at $100, I would have immediately picked them up. Even iff the other speakers are garbage, you should be able to sell them for at least $20 a pair, if not more, if they are working.

I've made many pickups where I buy a package deal, but I only want one thing. Usually, that one thing is worth the package price. The extra stuff just takes up space until I can get rid of it. Oftentimes I get what I really wanted for free. For example, Someone was selling his whole system for $100. The system included Polk bookcase speakers, Polk tower speakers that I quickly sold for $100, a tape deck I resold for $30, a CD player I resold for $35. I got the receiver that I wanted and had a pair of Polk bookcase speakers, and I made $65. So basically, the seller paid me to take his stuff away.

Been doing the same thing for years. It’s great doing deals like that because like you said, in the end you usually end up with what you wanted free. And some money in your pocket many times. This time, I unfortunately didn’t have any extra cash. I just recently sunk a lot of money into something else...I know, 100 isn’t a lot. But right now, it kinda is. I had exactly 30 dollars sitting for extra cash...I just got my hopes up because nobody saw this listing for maybe a week and a half. He agreed to 30 for the one pair of speakers and I thought it was a done deal...Then magically out of nowhere somebody else comes along and offers to buy all the speakers. Oh well you win some and you lose some

For 5 pairs at $100, I would have immediately picked them up. Even iff the other speakers are garbage, you should be able to sell them for at least $20 a pair, if not more, if they are working.

I've made many pickups where I buy a package deal, but I only want one thing. Usually, that one thing is worth the package price. The extra stuff just takes up space until I can get rid of it. Oftentimes I get what I really wanted for free. For example, Someone was selling his whole system for $100. The system included Polk bookcase speakers, Polk tower speakers that I quickly sold for $100, a tape deck I resold for $30, a CD player I resold for $35. I got the receiver that I wanted and had a pair of Polk bookcase speakers, and I made $65. So basically, the seller paid me to take his stuff away.

I think this horse is dead.

Been doing the same thing for years. It’s great doing deals like that because like you said, in the end you usually end up with what you wanted free. And some money in your pocket many times. This time, I unfortunately didn’t have any extra cash. I just recently sunk a lot of money into something else...I know, 100 isn’t a lot. But right now, it kinda is. I had exactly 30 dollars sitting for extra cash...I just got my hopes up because nobody saw this listing for maybe a week and a half. He agreed to 30 for the one pair of speakers and I thought it was a done deal...Then magically out of nowhere somebody else comes along and offers to buy all the speakers. Oh well you win some and you lose some

Honestly it's lame when people do that. An agreement should be an agreement.

Honestly it's lame when people do that. An agreement should be an agreement.
Definitely agreed. I’ve been in a situation before where I have accepted a lower offer and had a larger offer come along. I still honored the first person’s offer. Certainly not the way things are done normally these days.

Last edited:
He’s back...

I’m set to pick up the speakers tomorrow in the afternoon. He wasn’t available tonight. I guess persistence worked this time. I sent him another message today that I’d pick all the speakers if that other person wasn’t coming thru. He responded that the other person was planning on coming this weekend but he’d sell them to me, first come first serve. So we’re set for tomorrow afternoon sometime after 1...we’ll see how that goes...

100 for 5 pairs of speakers...Not sure what the other four pairs are.

Back
Top Bottom