Dynaco, Dual and University

Love it! Those pieces look awesome together. I have a pair of University Seniors waiting restore that use the same woofers as yours I think. I bet yours sound sweet with the rest of that gear. Thanks for posting!

How do you enjoy the dynakit with the dynaco ST-70? I have the same set up but to me it sounds very tinny and fatiguing. So I use a home made preamp that has no tone control and I think it sounds fantastic. Just curious on your take.

How do you enjoy the dynakit with the dynaco ST-70? I have the same set up but to me it sounds very tinny and fatiguing. So I use a home made preamp that has no tone control and I think it sounds fantastic. Just curious on your take.

One of my kits consists of a Dynaco PAT-4A solid state pre controlling two Dynakit Mark IV tube monoblocks, so a bit different configuration from yours, but I'm thrilled by the response of this combination. "Tinny" is the furthest thing from it's mind. Sounds like time to see the Doctor of all things Electrical.

GeeDeeEmm

One of my kits consists of a Dynaco PAT-4A solid state pre controlling two Dynakit Mark IV tube monoblocks, so a bit different configuration from yours, but I'm thrilled by the response of this combination. "Tinny" is the furthest thing from it's mind. Sounds like time to see the Doctor of all things Electrical.

GeeDeeEmm
Thanks, I want to keep mine as original as I can, I recently dropped in new 5 and 6 pcb's. With everything the same, tone controls still attached. I am giving it a thorough listening period, sound has improved maybe it was the old caps and resistors. Going to listen for a while longer and see if I need to bypass the tones, but that will be the end of my tinkering with it if I do.

Back
Top Bottom