Dynaco, Dual and University

My PAT IV hasn't been touched since it was new, so it's a real candidate for recapping. One or two of the switches are getting noisy, and if I don't make sure that the RCA plugs are really tight, I'll get a loud hum from them. And the bass and treble controls get rather violent when used. Touch them just a bit and they seem to go to 10! But I don't use tone controls, so I'm just careful not to touch them. Thing is, it still sounds so good that I'm afraid to start replacing things in fear of messing up the wonderful sound of it!

GeeDeeEmm

My PAT IV hasn't been touched since it was new, so it's a real candidate for recapping. One or two of the switches are getting noisy, and if I don't make sure that the RCA plugs are really tight, I'll get a loud hum from them. And the bass and treble controls get rather violent when used. Touch them just a bit and they seem to go to 10! But I don't use tone controls, so I'm just careful not to touch them. Thing is, it still sounds so good that I'm afraid to start replacing things in fear of messing up the wonderful sound of it!

GeeDeeEmm
Don't be afraid, cleaning and lube will make them last longer, and new caps could help prevent other damage and may sound even better.

Back
Top Bottom