Dynaco ST 400 w/PAS-2 Pre

MRL_Audio

RIP 2022
Subscriber
Have the opportunity to purchase a Dynaco ST 400 SS amp. It's been serviced and had some of the needed updates done. My question is more on mating this amp with my PAS-2 tube pre. Any concerns with the combination. Not really interested in creating another system but rather giving my ST-70 a rest and hearing something different and opening up some speaker options with the power the 400 provides. Any insight appreciated/ Thanks for looking.

I noticed in the 400 manual that there is a disclaimer regarding input and that tube preamps may require modifications for optimum performance into a 50,000 ohm load. Specifically mentions Dynaco tube pre's made before 1966 requiring internal modifications which could be supplied on request. Any idea what those might be? I had the pre refurbished a couple of years ago so perhaps that addressed the reference? :confused:

I am embarrassed that I didn't search better. Thanks Pio and petercapo. Those are a great help.
That's what we are here for, and thank you for the opportunity to participate in your project.
I've found thru my own experience that some assistance is occasionally required for successful results with websearches, regardless of personal expertise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom