Dynaco ST70 Restoration......First Steps

John EH

Started working on the Driver Board Today. Managed to get the sockets installed along with all the Resistors. I sprung for Riken Carbon Comps throughout with the exception of the 1.5M's which are tantalum. Got them because I couldn't find the Rikens in that value.

All the caps, except the 82 and 390pf caps are Auricaps and they'll go on tomorrow. After that I'll break the chassis down to parade rest and send it out for nickel plating. In the mean time I'll paint the transformers and get them ready.

Here's my driver board so far.

John

Nice. Is that joe curcio's 7199 replacement board? I have the same one.

Looks like you're on the way..have fun.

Mozilla,

The board is a nearly exact replica I picked up off of eBay. Joe's board is a little different. I bought a board from Joe on my last ST70 overhaul and while I liked the layout one of the mounting holes didn't even remotely line up. I had to drill a new hole which is okay because you can't see it from the top but for $40 it was a little disturbing.

I was going to buy another one from Joe and he confirmed that the hole problem was fixed but I saw this thing on eBay for about $25 vice the $40 something Joe wants for his.

I'll post some pictures of the bottom later.

John

Back
Top Bottom