Dynaco System vs. Fisher 500C

bhrb75

Other than having the pre, receiver and amp in one cabinet, what would be the differences between a Fisher 500C and putting together a Dynaco system; St70, PAS3 and FM3 v. From a sound perspective, both are tube, which one would be more desirable? I know this is subjective, but just wanted some opinions.

I know this is subjective

^^^ This, you need to listen and figure out what you like. Hell I prefer my little Maggie 8802 over my ST70 :dunno:. That being said you should get some responses as to why one should be “better” than the other.

Good luck!!

It probably depends upon how much you like FM and how much you like the sonics of the 7591 tube family vs EL34.

If you value FM then the Fishers offer killer tuners. I listen to my Fisher 400 every day.
The Dynaco pathway gives you more chances for upgrading and tinkering.

In the ideal world,,,you should really get both.

Only your ears can tell. You have posed a question for which there is no definitive answer. I have the Dynaco trio you mention above and a lot of other tube gear. I like em all.

The Fisher all in one unit simplifies wiring and is a very good unit. Does the fisher need to be gone thru? Most Dyna gear will also need to be gone thru. It depends on what speakers your using and if your using it for back ground or serious listening? It'll take more than pocket change for a proper upgrade/rebuild. We need more info on what your thinking?

Back
Top Bottom