E-V Patrician 800 speakers

Would love to hear your set. Anytime you are in Bowling Green, give a holler.

Forrest

EV Patrician 800's....in my own back yard....given away!?!

YOU.
HAVE.
GOT.
TO.
BE.
S!@TING.
ME....

all jokes aside, ridiculous scroe.

I'm a grad of WKU and live in Auburn, so this type of WKU behavior doesn't surprise me (them nearly tossing them)

We need to get a local chapter together for listening. Sounds like you indeed emptied the Karma Bank. Great job.

Never have I read such a great thread and been smiling so much reading one. So happy these beauties ended up in the perfect hands. You did them right! And I thank you for letting all of us in on the fun journey! Enjoy!

EV-Fan, I too, smiled, and am happy for the OP.

Only problem is, I usually see scroes like this far off. This one happened at my ol' alma mater. Argh!!! But yes, they definitely ended up in the right hands. I don't have that kind of space, and the restoration is amazing. Three cheers all around.

I would love to hear those. I work in Rich Pond, 8 miles from WKU.

Wanted to show someone the pictures in this thread, but photobucket sucks, now.

Bump
send me your email and I'll send you pics!

I still love these. I gave my brother my Klipschorns (which I consider the better speaker) but the Patricians are mighty fine.

Forrest

It has been a few years since I read this thread. I have never heard the Patrician, but remember hearing about them. My dad had, now my brother has, some EV Marquis, so we have been a fan since the 60s.

My Khorns have bested many pair of other speakers in an all out AB fight. The speakers that displaced them from the main listening room, without even trying, are the MCM1900.

email addy sent, thanks.
James

and photobuckes still sucks, now.

I scored a beat up pair (but not too beat up) for $74.20 (that's $70 with 6% KY sales tax)

:banana:

backstory:

August of 2011 a coworker comes to me (I am the resident audio snob) and tells me they are renovating the theater in our building at Western Kentucky Universiry. He wants me to see something.

Takes me to where they are putting in a new sound system and shows me these great big boxes. E-V Patrician 800. hmmmmmm....

I poke around the internets and find out they are good. So I go to Charlie Pride (no kidding, that's his name) and inquire what will become of them. He says they will most likely be thrown away. Can I have 'em? Sure, he says. I don't need speakers, but great. I get to thinking and compose the following email to David Emerson and Charlie Pride on 8/27

------------------------------------------

Subject: E-V Patrician 800 speakers

If you are planning to sell them, sell them here:

www.audiogon.com

or

www.klipsch.com (garage sale area)

These are both high-end audiophile speaker forums and the folks there will know what they are worth and treat them right.

Label them as Electro-Voice Patrician 800 audio speakers.

These are VERY high end units, when used (placed) correctly they outshine most everything out there, with the exception of the Altec Voice of the Theater, which you have down there. I do HOPE you will keep and use that unit somewhere. It’s the kind of system they use in eyemax theaters, for instance.

Forrest

---------------------------------------------------

Sometime in November I get to poking around the theater and see them still in the back. I go to Charlie Pride again and ask 'what's up?'

Charlie says they will be auctioned. Ok, I say, be sure to advertise properly so they end up in the hands of someone who knows what to do with them.

In the meantime I offer more $$ for them than I can really afford, and Charlie and David say no, they'll have to go to auction.

They ended up advertising them as 'Theater Speakers' in the local paper and Vintage Speakers in a staff-all email. That's all the advertising they did.

I figure if they weren't going to pursue due diligence... I went, I bid, I won.

Since I'm new to this forum, not sure if I can post links... but here goes:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/woodogs-world/Patrician 800/

this is the album where the few pictures with my crappy camera reside.

I plan on restoring these babys (having Bob Crites rebuild the crossovers, and replace the attenuators) refinishing the cabinets and enjoying them.

The speakers are without blemish. Can't say the same for the cabinets, though

Attachments

• worhtless.gif
    worhtless.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom