Ear Maintenance & Cleaning?

Killer Fox

Do you ever "deep clean" your ears? I have some clogging in my left ear due to a damaged Eustachian tube that doesn't drain that well. My son has some clogging too.

How often do you really clean your ears? Do you use drops? Flush them out with warm water?

I'm thinking about trying one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Curette-Electric-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B07649SVPW

And using these ear drops. https://www.amazon.com/Debrox-Drops-Earwax-Removal-drops/dp/B00ANL4Z4I/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1510622600&sr=8-5&keywords=ear+drops&th=1

Go to an ENT. They have a whole process for that which mostly includes jets of water and picking stuff out. I went after getting swimmers ear once, and was blown away by the sensitivity of my hearing after everything was said and done...

Just go to your doctor and have your insurance pay for a wax (and "stuff") removal. Quick and easy.

Insurance....hahaha good one. My insurance costs $12,000 a year with a $10k annual deductible. I'm self employed. The Doctor is for last resort emergencies only. Any type of "maintenance" is done at home in this house if at all possible.

I heard some docs use the exact same device and drops I posted.

I have private health care too and it aint cheap.
I've been lucky in the ear department. A simple dig with a cotton cue tip and I'm good to go.
A friend of mine had a small cochroach crawl into his ear while he slept some years ago and had to go to hospital to get it flushed out !
That was hillarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Trumpcare :biggrin: or is it still Obamacare :D
I have private health care too and it aint cheap.
I've been lucky in the ear department. A simple dig with a cotton cue tip and I'm good to go.
A friend of mine had a small cochroach crawl into his ear while he slept some years ago and had to go to hospital to get it flushed out !
That was hillarious.

LOL a friend of mine ha d very small bug fly in here ear and heard buzzing for days until she went to the doc.

Q Tips bad, very bad.

Primacare (urgent care facility), 100 bucks and they flush and dig out everything. Would hate to damage my eardrums. I've had serious wax problems all my life and just pay to have someone do it right and right now thats been my cheapest option.

When I was around 7 years old I had pain in my ear for weeks but didn't say anything. Finally I complained and went to the doc. They had to hold me down and dig this huge rock of hardened wax out with a tool. Worst pain I have had in my life. They literally had to have 3 adults hold me down while the doc dug.

Ear Wax removal kits available at all pharmacies. Drops to soften the wax and an ear syringe to "rinse" the crap out. Very easy to do and its safe. Don't be afraid to be fairly aggressive with the "pressure" using the ear syringe - it takes more than a gentle rinse to get all of the wax out.

ear-cleaning.jpg

I do so enjoy trotting this one out every time the subject comes up ... <G>

Ear Wax removal kits available at all pharmacies. Drops to soften the wax and an ear syringe to "rinse" the crap out. Very easy to do and its safe. Don't be afraid to be fairly aggressive with the "pressure" using the ear syringe - it takes more than a gentle rinse to get all of the wax out.
Yup. Once or twice a year; I notice the improvement every time.

Try the beeswax ear candles - they work great for me. I normally do it once annually. Crazy amount of wax that gets wicked out. Sprouts sells them.

I also had a ENT do this about two decades ago. He pulled out what looked like a gold nugget and said, “It’s a boy!” I was in disbelief just looking at it. He called it epic and said he’d never extracted anything near that size from anyone’s ear before.

Try the beeswax ear candles - they work great for me. I normally do it once annually. Crazy amount of wax that gets wicked out. Sprouts sells them.

I also had a ENT do this about two decades ago. He pulled out what looked like a gold nugget and said, “It’s a boy!” I was in disbelief just looking at it. He called it epic and said he’d never extracted anything near that size anyone’s ear before.

I got all clogged up once, and after trying everything in the medicine chest, I went to the garage and got the proper tools.
Obviousy, the little straw thing on the WD-40 can was made for ear care. I let it sit in there until the burning stopped, then used the Mityvac brake vacuum to pull the sludge out. It took about a week or 10 days for my hearing to return, and my nose to quit running and one of my eyeballs was a little cockeyed. But my hearing was excellent.

One ear yielded a plug about 3/4" X 3/16", and I was so impressed I tried to dry it out, but when I left it unattended on the kitchen counter, it disappeared. The cat probably got it, although I've never known him to fancy WD-40.

Garden hose. If the wax is really dug in, pressure washer or my SDS drill on hammer mode with a narrow chisel or masonry bit.

What?

I got all clogged up once, and after trying everything in the medicine chest, I went to the garage and got the proper tools.
Obviousy, the little straw thing on the WD-40 can was made for ear care. I let it sit in there until the burning stopped, then used the Mityvac brake vacuum to pull the sludge out. It took about a week or 10 days for my hearing to return, and my nose to quit running and one of my eyeballs was a little cockeyed. But my hearing was excellent.

One ear yielded a plug about 3/4" X 3/16", and I was so impressed I tried to dry it out, but when I left it unattended on the kitchen counter, it disappeared. The cat probably got it, although I've never known him to fancy WD-40.

:rflmao::rflmao:DAMN IT!! I just spit coffee all over my desk!

Back
Top Bottom