Earbuds and you

reyneman

Requiescat in pace
I saw the review on the Yuin PKs, but quite frankly I really dislike the fit (or lack there of) of the earbuds that came with my Sansa.

Don't get me wrong- they sound pretty good IF I sit there and hold them in place with a finger. Makes it a bit hard to type though...

What types of non-isolating 'phones have you found to be acceptable as to fit, sound and drivability?

Thanks for your response

Ray

These aren't earbuds, these are in-ear monitors, but I love my Etymotic ER-6i's. Even without a separate amp.

Headphones right?

Koss Portapro - very dark, lots of bass, comfy
Grado SR-60 - nice sound with some punch, not comfy for everyone.
Sennheiser PX-100 - very comfy, lots of bass but I find the mids very colored.
Koss KSC-75 - similar to Portapro but ear hangers, low cost.

All pretty easy to drive, hope this helps some.

- Dave

The Portapro's are indeed nice. Sennheiser HD-555's are surprisingly efficient and drivable, they are much better than the used to be (now they're 52 ohm, they used to be 300 ohm). But they aren't portable.

Thanks for the replies gents:thmbsp:

After browsing Headwise, I'm leaning towards the open headphones, need to hear what's happening around me. Have to believe that the in ears would bother me more than the buds. Portability and 'stylin' not an issue. I work up a sweat as I walk past the exercise room here, too old to worry about style and the only running I do is to the bathroom.

Will check out the Grados and Senns. Do like my HD-600s, but the player just won't drive them adequately.

Again thanks

Ray

You could grab one of those mint tin amps from ebay if you want to stick with the HD-600's. I got one recently for $40, it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

- Dave

Back
Top Bottom