Early 90s Bass Amp: Xenon T10 Lightbulb to T10 LED Conversion?

Ph!lthy

Hey guys, I have an early 90's Hughes & Kettner BassBase 400 bass amp with burnt out display bulbs. When the bulbs are working, its control panel reminds me of an old Sansui or Marantz tuner... cool looking display... so I got to thinking...

The H&K BB600 service doc. [pretty much the same amp] states that the replacement bulbs are xenon 12V/ 5W/ T10-WB light bulbs --- so, is it possible to substitute the xenon T10 light bulbs with T10 LED's?

I understand that I'll need to keep the 12V - 5W units the same - but since I'm trying to go from a light bulb to an LED, would I need to do any modifications to the amp, or are these type of LED replacements simply plug and play, just like how all these salesmen claim them to be?

Sorry for being vague, guys... hope I made sense.

I just like the idea of replacing... or updating, rather - the old light bulbs for some LED's.

Thanks in advance!

[Here's a random image I found online of an Hughes & Kettner BassBase 400, so you can get an idea of what the façade looks like -- the display panel is actually clear - the original bulbs have a blue boot or cap on them]h&kBB400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom