Early Hi-Fi stores...fun read from Positive Feedback

Cool... thanks for posting this. The old stereo stores of that era and later through the 80s... I sorely miss them so. It was always a thrill to walk in and see all that beautiful silver-faced equipment and the big speakers.

Late 50's and early 60's was a great time. Being a muscian in school it was fun going to live concerts and discovering I could get the same experience at home from a Stereo HIFI system. One experience fed the other. The more concerts I went to the more records I bought. The more records I bought the more concerts I attended. I hated to leave the Bay Are in N California. So much to hear and experience. But even though I couldn't experience the live concerts to the same degree at my new home I had my Lp's and FM radio to listen, to and advance my love of music. Then came college where I heard almost every concert , Opera, Ballet, and recital. After college I gave up being a musician , but stayed in the related field of sound reproduction. I've never deserted my music, even while on vacation, chasing steam trains, advancing my Photography skills, or learning the skills necessary to drive, maintain, and operate a Class A Diesel motor home. It has a great system, too.

Back
Top Bottom