Early McIntosh, Marantz, Thorens console items Seattle Craigs

Early is right, Marantz Model 1 no less... Makes ya wonder if there's a Marantz Model 2 hiding in there or just some McIntosh that matches the MR55. I doubt you could ask the current owner as he/she probably doesn't have a clue either.

01212_kgZLIt36IpM_1200x900.jpg

00505_bnZYGd8AcUu_1200x900.jpg

Man all those akers that think this is an auction on cl and would flag it if they saw it. Since the thread title didn't have Pio/Mar/Sui in it, seems that crowd skipped over this thread.

No model number on the preamp. Maybe Marantz did think they would make a dozen different models over the years.

Man all those akers that think this is an auction on cl and would flag it if they saw it. Since the thread title didn't have Pio/Mar/Sui in it, seems that crowd skipped over this thread.

No model number on the preamp. Maybe Marantz did think they would make a dozen different models over the years.
Huh??

They have a clue, and they deserve every penny an auction will bring. If you are bitching about this one being an auction, you cannot afford to buy it in the first place, let alone pay for the restoration.

Auctions aren't allowed on Craigslist, and to say "looking for offers" is soliciting for bids.

They either don't have a clue about their gear and the process, they don't care, or both.

I sent an email at 7am, no response yet.

Auctions aren't allowed on Craigslist, and to say "looking for offers" is soliciting for bids.

They either don't have a clue about their gear and the process, they don't care, or both.

I sent an email at 7am, no response yet.

may want to up your offer, lol

If you sent an email wo an offer, they have zero need to respond. They know what they have.

There are certain sales where the historical provenance overwhelms convention. This is one of them. Three holy grail pieces, a nice mono Mac tuner, and a repurposed EH Scott cabinet? I have only seen one in person in the last forty years of this caliber.

A CL auction is about the only way this stays stateside.

If you sent an email wo an offer, they have zero need to respond. They know what they have.

There are certain sales where the historical provenance overwhelms convention. This is one of them. Three holy grail pieces, a nice mono Mac tuner, and a repurposed EH Scott cabinet? I have only seen one in person in the last forty years of this caliber.

You have your opinions, not the facts.

You are right, 911s, all I have are opinions. but they are informed and considered opinions. Partly because I own examples of all except the Model 1 consolette and Model 2 amp, partly because I have spoken(presumably) with one of the principals. A consolette with the power supply, the matching amp, a TD124 with a Technics arm, the MR55, and a killer cab is a WOW item.

Some of these deals are smoke and mirrors, while others are either a mystery, or a sure thing. I would wager this is a real deal, and it is an interesting tidbit, eh?

Last edited:
There is only one person that needs to be fair, and that is the seller selling what is advertised. With it being an auction, may the buyer be ready to pay top dollar, and then have a great tech to rebuild the gear, and also have enough common sense to proceed safely. In a big boy private auction, I very rarely have seen people concerned about nice and fair. Nice, wealthy, and willing to spend almost always wins.

Very excited to see something like that being offered locally, but not so excited about the auction on craigslist.

I saw this ad 10 mins after it was up - as I was working a late shift. I had a conversation with the seller. He said he got it out of his grandpa's storage, has no clue about any of them, and just want most $$$ he can get. Looks like a lot went on overnight. The seller added photos of amp and backside.

Dave,
I was thinking with the Marantz preamp being so early and the Chicago tie with Saul & Craftsmen that this cab may have been custom built for this application. I know most are looking at the value of the separate components but if it were built in this configuration by the E.H Scott Co, to me it just adds to desirability to the unit. I am pretty sure to you as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom