Earthshaking Music-A Rant

Patience Grasshopper

devo391 said:
Sitting here right now fully clothed $20 :banana:
I just wish the hell I could walk
I figure it was the good stuff ; gone through in the big city, pisses me off :yikes:

One day you will walk in and find your lotto winner. . . everyone does at least once. Mine was a mint AU-11000 with a mint TU-9500 both for 30 bucks. . . I sold them that afternoon by BIN on eBay for 400.00. . . Still kick myself every day for not using it awhile at least. . . :naughty:

Last edited:
I highly doubt it, I really think it will take more than luck and will prolly involve me approaching a couple of the grunts at the main distribution center and offering them bribes in exchange for them alerting me when vintage gear hits the loading dock :yes: I think that is the only way it will happen for me cuz there has to be a reason why it never ever shows up at the local store here and I mean it just never does. It is going somewhere just not here :cry:

SInce we are mixing books, covers, and clothing in this, I've got a great one.

The other day, I was at a very expensive clothing store (500 dollar shirts...) directing a commercial for the store, when in walks this guy who you know has an outdoor job. He's got that thick leathery skin that develops from a lifetime of working in the sun.

The guy can barely speak. Looks almost like a bum.

All the young salesmen in this store kind of saunter away. But one older and wiser gentleman steps right up to him and they begin walking around the store, telling stories and laughing....

I go back to my work and forget about the guy... but about an hour or so later, I see he's still in the store...and there are a few sweaters on the counter...and a pair of pants or two. I raise an eyebrow, but get back to work.

Three hours later, I'm finishing up and I see the guy again...this time the pile has grown into a mountain of shirts, suits, sweater, etc... The guy ended up spending over 22 thousand dollars !!!!!

Never prejudge! You will only lose your commission!

devo391 said:
I highly doubt it, I really think it will take more than luck and will prolly involve me approaching a couple of the grunts at the main distribution center and offering them bribes in exchange for them alerting me when vintage gear hits the loading dock :yes: I think that is the only way it will happen for me cuz there has to be a reason why it never ever shows up at the local store here and I mean it just never does. It is going somewhere just not here :cry:

If the thrift stores aren't doin' it for you, then eff-em. Garage & estate sales, pawnshops and newspaper ads are the other places you can try. It also helps if you can fix your own gear. Most of my prize finds needed some serious repair. Speakers needed new surrounds, amps needed new outputs, switch & pot cleaning, etc.

Back
Top Bottom