Ebay Copyright Issues??

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
I've been checking out Ebay for prerecorded tapes and have run into a lot of auctions that list tapes by artists that turn out to be home brew copies, often on old, boring tapes. It just PO's me because I'm looking for commercial recordings; not Uncle Jack's basement tapes :no:

Isn't this illegal and a copyright infringement?????????

Whenever I sell tapes, I sell the media and may mention what has been recorded upon it as a courtesy, not fraudulently advertise it in the auction title as a come on or hook.

Try advertising a CDR of Bill Gates' stuff and watch your auction get booted in hours; why not the same for copies of the Beatles, Doors, Stones, etc????

Andyman said:
Try advertising a CDR of Bill Gates' stuff and watch your auction get booted in hours; why not the same for copies of the Beatles, Doors, Stones, etc????
That's a good question, the RIAA is probably too busy suing P2P file traders to worry about it.

Andyman said:
I've been checking out Ebay for prerecorded tapes and have run into a lot of auctions that list tapes by artists that turn out to be home brew copies, often on old, boring tapes. It just PO's me because I'm looking for commercial recordings; not Uncle Jack's basement tapes :no:

Isn't this illegal and a copyright infringement?????????

Whenever I sell tapes, I sell the media and may mention what has been recorded upon it as a courtesy, not fraudulently advertise it in the auction title as a come on or hook.

Against the law?

Thou shalt not move thy neighbor's boundary stones. (This one covers intellectual property, copyrights, patents, etc.)

Just my $.02. Can't help it. I is what I is. :yes:

Rich P

Rich,

I would have never guessed that there are lantzmen in Arizona. Lantzmen with their own twist on things.
Great having pride in one's heritage.

Seth
Forever Analog

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom