eBay experience

pjrengineer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just wanted to know if anyone has experience in getting negative feedback removed from eBay?Someone is upset because I returned something that wasn’t as described, regretfully was forced to take the return, and then they purchased something small off of me just to leave negative feedback on me. It’s a looong story so I’ll save the details. But my feedback from honest people is always top notch on here and on eBay. Some people have nothing better to do...

If your feedback score is solid, then a negative won't matter and I believe that after a certain amount of time it isn't even shown anymore.Most seasoned ebayers know that you'll end up dealing with a nutjob every now and again.Move on ,no big deal.Spend your energy on moving forward and enjoying your day and put that nonsense in your rearview mirror.

what does the negative feed back say? was it left about your product, or did he do that to say 'do not trust as a buyer'? unfortunately, ebay, walmart and amazon are all inhabited by trolls now.

they bottom feed at estate sales and auctions, go thru 10 clorox wipe packages a week to call their stuff 'refurbished' and restored.

what does the negative feed back say? was it left about your product, or did he do that to say 'do not trust as a buyer'? unfortunately, ebay, walmart and amazon are all inhabited by trolls now.

they bottom feed at estate sales and auctions, go thru 10 clorox wipe packages a week to call their stuff 'refurbished' and restored.

He said I’m a deadbeat and don’t trust this guy or something. I dunno I’m not going back to look haha. Not even related to the product he bid on just attack’s.

I quit worrying about feedback a long time ago.

There is always some nut job out there acting like God's gift to humanity with no brains and an attitude looking to piss in my cereal.

Half of them work at eBay.

I get returns on sports equipment. Sometimes the item is very desirable but because of poor condition, I price low for condition and fast sale. This attracts the sports gear dealers who hope I described the item incorrectly. You can tell by the buyer's name which will have some reference to the category. They will get the item, decide the condition is not flippable and then return. Very annoying because seller (me) eats the return shipping as well. When this happens, I instantly block. That's your only defense if you sell frequently in the same category.

If your feedback score is solid, then a negative won't matter and I believe that after a certain amount of time it isn't even shown anymore.Most seasoned ebayers know that you'll end up dealing with a nutjob every now and again.Move on ,no big deal.Spend your energy on moving forward and enjoying your day and put that nonsense in your rearview mirror.

In the old days, negative feedback never dropped off and you could spend years trying to get it back over 99 percent. A 100% score meant something back then. Not anymore. I'm pretty sure negative drop off after a year. So, the OP shouldn't sweat it. Just block the seller and forget about him.

It happened to me too. I tried to get Ebay to remove it, no dice. You can respond to negative feedback. There is really no need though. Buyers with good intentions (reasonable people) understand that some people are just ass hats - as long as the rest of your feedback is fine. Negative feedback will drop off from the calculation after a year. It will still be there, but not figured into your feedback rating.

I block anybody who doesn't pay, gives the run around. I block them sometimes during the auction.

I would contact eBay and explain the situation. It should be easy for them to determine that the negative feedback is retaliatory.

Back
Top Bottom