Ebay Payment Method: "Default" -- DO NOT SHIP

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
You seasoned vets will know this...

View order page should not generate without payment but somehow, one will when buyer selects "default" payment method. You (seller) will see an order page but no link to paypal payment. Selling/Sold summary will show "Print Shipping Label" like a paid item. Paypal account will not show a payment. This is a possible SCAM. Do not ship.

Why does ebay allow this to happen?

I NEVER ship anything till the money is in my paypal account. Usually as a seller you receive an email showing when buyer pays you through paypal

I've never had that happen. If you click on "Print shipping label", does it show the banner across the top warning you that it hasn't been paid for yet?

I've never had that happen. If you click on "Print shipping label", does it show the banner across the top warning you that it hasn't been paid for yet?

This is the first time I have seen this "default" crap. I've never seen an order page generated without payment so it was a bit confusing. Yes, banner shows in "Print Shipping Label". I do not use ebay postage so I almost never look at that screen.

Also savings in time not spent standing in line at the PO. With label already attached, just place on counter and walk out.

There is significant savings to be had. I don't have a printer and have been putting it off forever. Should of, would of.
You can get a cheap canon printer for $25-40 with free shipping on eBay.. I had an HP that used way too much ink. I bought a cheap canon because the ink carts are refillable. I have spent $6 on ink over the past year+. Compare that to something like $15 per month with the HP.. You need to buy a refill kit, but its easy to do. You simply drill a hole in the empty ink cart, pump ink into it, and cover the hole with a small piece of tape.

You will pay for the printer after 10-15 shipments. Mabey fewer if you are shipping large items.

You can get a cheap canon printer for $25-40 with free shipping on eBay.. I had an HP that used way too much ink. I bought a cheap canon because the ink carts are refillable. I have spent $6 on ink over the past year+. Compare that to something like $15 per month with the HP.. You need to buy a refill kit, but its easy to do. You simply drill a hole in the empty ink cart, pump ink into it, and cover the hole with a small piece of tape.

You will pay for the printer after 10-15 shipments. Mabey fewer if you are shipping large items.

Schiit, the audio company that is. I've left a lot of money on the table. Thanks for the tip.

Better yet, buy a used Zebra LP thermal printer and it uses no ink. Prints out the very same labels that all major resellers use - just peel and stick.

Better yet, buy a used Zebra LP thermal printer and it uses no ink. Prints out the very same labels that all major resellers use - just peel and stick.

Awesome tip, thanks. I am shipping enough packages today to have paid for a good portion of one. Schiit! Double Schiit!! I am going to order a Zebra today.

Last edited:
Ebay's site has untold numerous glitches that drive me nuts. What was happening to me for a while was orders that were paid for would show as not paid for. Absolutely inexcusable in my opinion. Another one that pisses me off when trying to print a shipping label for USPS, it I change the shipping weight to something different that what was in the listing I will often get the red error message.

Back
Top Bottom