"Ebay prices, without the shipping" -Thoughts and opinions-

Sometimes getting a foot in the door is a good thing.

Thou I may disagree about a price offered and counter, but only after seeing it if interested. In the end the item is theirs to price after all. When an item is priced to low by a seller is there the same outrage?

For one I would never post for all to see any potential buy interested in before being finished with. Pointing out gear interested in especially.

Barney

Sometimes getting a foot in the door is a good thing.

Thou I may disagree about a price offered and counter, but only after seeing it if interested. In the end the item is theirs to price after all. When an item is priced to low by a seller is there the same outrage?

For one I would never post for all to see any potential buy interested in before being finished with. Pointing out gear interested in especially.

Barney

I totally understand your point Barney... If my postings here lead to the Fisher X-202 being "sniped" from me... Then I accept and welcome it. It has already been considered. I really don't need another amp anyhow, and the only thing that makes me pounce these days is a great price. And this doesn't smell that way. Anybody need a ride to this guys house? Jump in, we'll all go:p

Even if you never buy a thing from Rich, he might have a friend or two, or know someone who turns out to be one of your best connections, or a great friend. These guys know enough people that they will know at least a couple people just like you, so it is worth it to meet them.

There is always enough room in your life to make another friend.

Honestly, it costs nothing to meet the seller, look at the gear, then discuss prices.

I agree that the tactic (good or not) is to reduce the number of overt lowballers.

Reading between the lines, "My wife said enough is enough and I have to purge this crap.".

There will be some good deals there if you approach it right.

My LEO brother-in-law always said it's how you pass the attitude test.

Like was said above eBay prices are what they are because eBay offers buyers a HUGE amount of protection on their purchase. CL offers none.....so no way I would pay anything close to an eBay price on CL.

So that unit was Fisher? I really got a Pilot vibe from its look. I guess it is good I don't do tubes. :confused:

Even if you never buy a thing from Rich, he might have a friend or two, or know someone who turns out to be one of your best connections, or a great friend. These guys know enough people that they will know at least a couple people just like you, so it is worth it to meet them.

There is always enough room in your life to make another friend.

It is exactly this kind of insight that keeps me coming back to AK! Thanks for kicking my wheels back on track Dave!

Honestly, it costs nothing to meet the seller, look at the gear, then discuss prices.

I agree that the tactic (good or not) is to reduce the number of overt lowballers.

Reading between the lines, "My wife said enough is enough and I have to purge this crap.".

There will be some good deals there if you approach it right.

My LEO brother-in-law always said it's how you pass the attitude test.
I am tentatively going to visit this weekend. ...pass the attitude test, I like it!

So that unit was Fisher? I really got a Pilot vibe from its look. I guess it is good I don't do tubes. :confused:

To be honest, he hasn't confirmed it just yet... X-202 just jumped into my brain, I did a quick Image look-up, and it seemed right.

It's all a game. It's the 'end results' that count, with the acceptable losses along the way... to achieve the final goal.

Prices? It is what it is. What's it worth... TO YOU?

Last edited:
are they L300's?
Sorry, no. Lowly L60Ts for $375. I notice because I paid $100 less for L80Ts and have seen other L80Ts in the $250 price range. Also just bought L100Ts (needing a bit of work) for $250. But for over a year the seller never lowers the price on the L60Ts.

Sorry, no. Lowly L60Ts for $375. I notice because I paid $100 less for L80Ts and have seen other L80Ts in the $250 price range. Also just bought L100Ts (needing a bit of work) for $250. But for over a year the seller never lowers the price on the L60Ts.
ah, i asked because theres some l300's that have been on my local cl for a while now, i think his price is 3000

Back
Top Bottom