Ebay Rant/What's Up With Sellers These Days

Two Things about the last couple of posts. First off Yes If I was buying a turntable or say speakers your dam rite I wouldn't mind paying a packing fee but get real $2.00 bucks for a stylus which is in it's original packing box. Would take what 20 minutes to wrap and send. And as far as feedback goes if It takes 89 days so be it but I don't give a rats ass anymore about getting negs as That's what's wrong with ebay these days people being afraid well screw it cause I'm to the point I'm not going to bid much, anymore anyway and if I can cost people like I've been dealing with thes days some sales GOOD.

Stanton681EEES said:
I have decided I will pay for this send the money order and wait for item to arrive.

Dude, if you report him to eBay for charging additional if you want to use PAYPAL, they will cancel the auction and you are home free!

My FINE Toshiba SD-3950

I bought a Toshiba DVD player for my attic system, mainly to play CDs and mp3 CDs. I put a freshly burned CD in it, and it wouldn't even recognize it. I put a factory made CD in it, same deal. Tried a DVD-DISC ERROR!
It was listed in the ad as "NEW" and when I got it, packed in it's original box and nothing more, someone had written "LIKE NEW" on the outside of the box. I e-mailed the guy about it, and here's his response-

Sorry that you are having problems.I bought it as a new item and sold it as a new item. I checked out the item throughly before shipping and it worked perfectly. The listing plainly states a "No Return Policy". Since you just received it today, you can ship it back to me and I will reinburse you the cost of the item, minus S/H, but if I find out you have done anything to it will be shipped back to you at your expense. Jim 2436

Notice I included his user name. This guy's a jerk. A dishonest jerk selling crap and making $ off shipping. $20 for shipping? Whatever. I guess I'll find out how much it actually cost when I return it to him. I'll bet he runs right out and gets it repaired before selling it again, too. :lmao:
Guys like this give eBay a bad name. Then eBay won't do much about it either. Here's my reply back to him-

I'll get it packed back up, then.
The only thing I've done to it is hook it up and turn it on.
UPS insurance might do some good, but they'd say it wasn't packed properly.

i agree with stanton681eees i don't care about the retalitory negative any more. if you deserve the negative, you're gonna get it. i have seven negatives out of over 900 responses. 6 of those are retalitory. its funny, my second negative was some joker selling a slot machine. he calls it a slot machine from vegas. i should have checked it out more but after the auction ended i did not purchase the item and he neg'd me. after i left my explanation i was contacted by 21 people who bought items from this guy and were very upset. he was selling pachislow machines as full blown slot machines. this is just a rip off. i say neg away, these kind of folks need to be known for what they are

Shipping cost + feedback

There is good and bad for people buying and selling on E-bay. I mentioned some things in a previous post that mentioned not so good things. But I feel I need to also mention this. I dont think that 40 to 50 dollars is a lot for shipping a big receiver when the person takes the time and expense to bubble wrap it. styrofoam the walls double box it,throw more styrofoam and or peanuts between the boxes to make sure by normal handeling(football proof) regular tossing around to load and unload the truck it gets to me the way they packed that is fine. I'm buying something that is not available in the regular market. Iwas impressed at the way my receiver was packed. I also bought a turntable that the packing impressed me. Before I bought I fead their feedback check other buyers remarks on packing for similar items which made me feel at ease about buying from that person. It's alot of work to pack something like that, it was alot of work unpacking it. dont just tear into it unpack things carefully or you might be the one that actually caused the damange. There were items that I wanted at a good price but the seller had other items for sale that were no where near needing the packing that would be needed to ship the item I wanted. I did not buy it.Not for the fact they would not have put the time and effort into packing it safe, I would not take the chance. To all that charge a fair price and great packing :thmbsp: To those that charge the same price for it will be alright with newspaper :thumbsdn: What I'ved learned, Shipping cost first, Feedback, has person sold items like this,buyers remarks on packing. Not sure don't buy :smoke: :smoke: :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom