Ebay seller "cametaauctions".

Cameta Camera

I bought stuff from them back in the pre-eBay days and they were reliable enough. On one occasion I returned a camera to them and there was no problem about it. They seemed to care about good service.

I don't have any recent experience with them, though.

I reviewed their feedback fairly extensively and would as result not hesitate to deal with them.

Look pretty solid to me.

I have been to Cameta Camera's store in NY, they are a real bricks-and-morter operation, not a 'virtual business.' I bought a Minolta SLR outfit from them. I think they grade a tad higher than the item actually is - just an opinion. But my experience is that they are honest and can be trusted. Just an opinion, mind you.

Consider also looking at KEH.com - they have great prices all the time - no eBay sales that I'm aware of. But the prices are really nice, often beating what similar items are going for on the 'bay. AND - they grade LOW. Meaning if they say it is good, it is excellent. If they say it is excellent, it is mint, and so on. Also they have an excellent rep.

Best,

Wiggy

I bought my Oly E-10 from them on e-bay a couple of years ago and I'm still pleased with the transaction.

Kim

The last of an Era

Cameta Camera is the last of the great camera stores. Their all gone> Peerless, Willoughby's and others like them. You now have B & H Mega ( brick & mortar)store, K E H, Beach camera and very few others. those that you see in the photo mags, are mostly Orthodox Jews from Brooklyn, NY. Lousy to do business with, because service is not the strong point in that segment of the market. :no:

I was looking to buy a Canon 20D digital SLR and live a few miles away from Cameta so I went over there 15 minutes before closing and the counterguy wouldn't even take one out of the box to let me get a feel for it. I was about to spend about three grand on camera equipment and he was worried about beating rush hour...I ended buying from Beach Camera and Buydig.com and saved $250 in NYS sales tax and the camera body and lenses were a bit less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom