Ebay Seller Hub - Yeah or Nay?

no, not for me. Too many useless stuff in one page, unless you are frequent seller, who cares things such as selling total?

It sucks.

They have forced it on me and I have sent many nasty and rude comments back to them.

The whole eBay experience as a seller is a Hell Hole.

There are so many messed up things scattered in their site its ridiculous.

I have 7 accounts and each one acts different. Different page styles and layout. what a cluster f#@k.
After they forced it on one account, I refused it on the others.

It doesn't matter if you want Sellers Hub or not, now they are forcing it on my other accounts.
I am sending rude and nasty comments on those accounts too.

I am telling them to fire the designers, managers, developers.
As a web site, its a mess.
I am a computer scientist, I am a programmer. I work for SpaceX.
Web designers and developers are retards.

Agree with the above. It is incoherent. As I have seen with my own company's efforts (and we are an IT company), asking developers to create something without having any experience as a user or getting detailed feedback from the user community is a fruitless and money wasting effort. Designing easy to use and beneficial screen flows, tools, reports, etc. is a SKILL outside of development and most IT shops lack that basic understanding.

It's ****ing ignorant and I've let them know. This is what folks at Corporate who are smarter than everybody else come up with.

Spending decades in retail I know the first thing any executive looks at every day is sales, then payroll. So what do the Einsteins at Ebay do? Bury it three or four pages down.

They all should be fired for being so far out of touch...

Last edited:
This may not be PC but, as all large IT, most of the work has been outsourced to Indian Consulting Firm which then outsourced it again to someone India. Cost saving is fine. The problem is, Indians probably never used EBay in India. I've been selling for 15 years and shipped item all around the word, except India. Nor a single sale shipped there. They probably never used EBay and designed the work based on imagination.

Well, most of the development probably was from Indian developers, but, that is not the problem. Remove the country name from "Developers", it is irrelevant. "Developers" only create what they are told to create, period. Give them no interface design, no work flow diagram, little detail, etc. and they are left to their own devices and that does not result in a great product (user experience). What is continually missed is the appropriate level of spec design needed to guide the development, then rounds and rounds of user testing/feedback/changes/testing, etc. BEFORE the end product gets inflicted upon the masses.

It sucks.
I am telling them to fire the designers, managers, developers.
As a web site, its a mess.
I am a computer scientist, I am a programmer. I work for SpaceX.
Web designers and developers are retards.

Come on man, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.

Seriously though, I'm sure it really does suck.

Bail out and sell somewhere else?

Unfortunately, despite it's issues, EBay is the best venue around, especially if you are willing to go International.

Their goal of wanting to be Amazon Lite is just dissappointing to many of us who have sold there for decades. They seem to constantly ignore who they brought to the dance to chase the new girl.

Last edited:
If I used eBay in a serious manner I might have more insight. But as a casual seller, I don't care one way or another. I can get on eBay, list my items, sell them, ship them, and forget about them. All while doing 99% of it through my phone. Exactly as it should be. Now... I've poked around at some things and it's no QuickBooks but it's better than nothing...

It's ****ing ignorant and I've let them know. This is what folks at Corporate who are smarter than everybody else come up with.

Spending decades in retail I know the first thing any executive looks at every day is sales, then payroll. So what do the Einsteins at Ebay do? Bury it three or four pages down.

They all should be fired for being so far out of touch...
It is without a doubt the most ****ed up mess I have ever seen, it takes 4 times as long to do anything and nothing is where you want it to be and forget about trying to set it up so it is useable, the search feature is as bad as this site is maybe even worse where it used to be both easy to use and reliable now sometimes I cant even find my own listings by doing a search and mostly it will result in 50 items that are not even related in any fashion,if you don't have any SX-XXXX amps for sale fine but don't show me mtorcycle tires or sports bras in it's place.

There reason for forcing it down our throats is that they have spent a lot of money on it according to their email explaining why.

Regards Snow

This may not be PC but, as all large IT, most of the work has been outsourced to Indian Consulting Firm which then outsourced it again to someone India. Cost saving is fine. The problem is, Indians probably never used EBay in India. I've been selling for 15 years and shipped item all around the word, except India. Nor a single sale shipped there. They probably never used EBay and designed the work based on imagination.
Indian here - developers here may be incompetent, but you can't say they've never used ebay - I walk through the trenches every day, and most of them are window shopping on amazon/ebay/other ecom sites instead of working ( which is mostly googling and stack overflow) :D
India doesn't allow shipment of used electronics - its considered scrap and usually impounded. I usually have it shipped to a US or UK local address of someone I know, and carry it back personally when I travel for work (the only way you can bring them in legally). Might be why you've never shipped anything there. And if anyone does ask you to, do check with them if they are aware of the rules (though there are workarounds, which i don't want to get into)

Last edited:
I see. My biase. my apologize

Indian here - developers here may be incompetent, but you can't say they've never used ebay - I walk through the trenches every day, and most of them are window shopping on amazon/ebay/other ecom sites instead of working ( which is mostly googling and stack overflow) :D
India doesn't allow shipment of used electronics - its considered scrap and usually impounded. I usually have it shipped to a US or UK local address of someone I know, and carry it back personally when I travel for work (the only way you can bring them in legally). Might be why you've never shipped anything there. And if anyone does ask you to, do check with them if they are aware of the rules (though there are workarounds, which i don't want to get into)

I see. My biase. my apologize
At the risk of going offtopic - hey! no offense taken, and no apology needed! Most of the large IT outsourcing deals involve work being given off to the lowest bidder, who are squeezed even more, so the work is going to be just a few clicks better than absolute garbage.
But from what I know, Paypal/Ebay pay pretty well, and have decent work culture and policies, and relatively better people compared to the large outsourcing companies, but no comment why this page is like this. I would probably blame their management!

I would probably blame their management!
I agree the one that is ultimately responsible for this disaster is near the top of the food chain and almost certainly not a seller/user of the product. It seems to me from past experience that every time a new person is hired that is in a manager/director posistion that they want to make changes so they can justify their existence and the more levels they are away from the actual product or service being offered the more out of touch they are.

The TV show Undercover Boss is a great example of this.

Regards Snow

Agreed.

I'm still pissed at them for the FVF on shipping, and the fact that they are so out of touch that they would actually believe we would swallow the corporate crapola reasoning they fed us on it. They ran the numbers, summed the losses with the gains, and stuck it to sellers, who then passed it on to buyers...

Back
Top Bottom