eBay strikes again...

EngineerNate

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Found a PL-930 in need of work for very cheap, even shipped. Figured it'd be fun to tear into even if I couldn't fix it 100%, so I gave it a shot.

Unfortunately, the packaging didn't even pass into, "Well, at least you tried" territory.

hGKtBQe.jpg

3TRY1TW.jpg

8SenZIp.jpg

bM01Ee5.jpg

7vvGzrf.jpg

FGn9uiD.jpg

I spun that auction wheel and lost. :(

I've filed for a return, let's hope the seller is a nicer to me than he was to the table.

Cheers,
Nathan

I have given very explicit instructions to sellers about how I needed tables to be shipped. They never listen! I'm sorry about your table!

Either ask for the money back and send it back or dispute the transaction with Payapl and/or your credit card company. No excuse for this to be packed that way.

Either ask for the money back and send it back or dispute the transaction with Payapl and/or your credit card company. No excuse for this to be packed that way.

I've already started the return process on eBay, if the seller balks it'll go to arbitration with eBay. I've saved the sellers pictures from the ad, so if there's any problems I have evidence that it didn't arrive as it was described.

Some sellers try to put the responsibility for shipping insurance etc on the buyer, but per eBay policy I'm pretty sure it's the sellers responsibility until the buyer has the item in hand. If it doesn't make it to the buyer as described, that's on the seller.

I generally go straight to Paypal if I have issues with sellers not living up to their end of the bargain... if the seller us particularity nasty I'll go to my credit card company since they take immediate action and Paypal is slow in comparison.

I have given very explicit instructions to sellers about how I needed tables to be shipped. They never listen! I'm sorry about your table!

A couple of weeks ago I had an eBay message conversation with a seller of a Thorens TD224 up for auction I was considering bidding on. Before I did I asked the lister if he was versed in packing a turntable such as the TD224 so it could make the trip and emphasized on how it should be packed. The seller replied back that he was gong to have the shipper do the packing and I replied back that they probably won't do it correctly and it will get damaged. The next day the auction was gone and I haven't seen it realisted since,

Well, after two full days of zero response I was convinced this was going to go to an ebay dispute, but the seller accepted my return and provided a return shipping label.

Still sad to see another munched table.

Some sellers try to put the responsibility for shipping insurance etc on the buyer
You can demand the buyer insure it all you want, but if the packing is not deemed acceptable by the shipping company they will deny the damage claim. I'd say this one flunks the good packing test.

Turntables are a pain to ship properly. There are enough pictures on here of smashed ones to make that obvious. I bought one turntable that came to me from elsewhere, it was from an AK member, it was packed well, and it arrived with no problems at all. Definitely can be done but stuffing it in a box with some plastic wrap over the lid ain't gonna cut it.

Back
Top Bottom