Econo Waveguide buy

Dennis, I thought you were thinking of getting the Pyle lenzes, the one with the metal threads?

Alright that's what I was getting at, the waveguide it'self, as I thought 900hz would be the low side.

Yep sounds good,
Keg

For the wave guide yes....I just dont know how the selenium driver from econowave would like it. Again, when I did it I screwed on the JBL 2425H on top of an A7 of all things.

I'm sure the waveguide itself, while functioning at 800hz, would likely prefer the higher point required by econowave. I dont have an RTA yet to check the response, unfortunately.

Russellc

Alright that's what I was getting at, the waveguide it'self, as I thought 900hz would be the low side.

Yep sounds good,
Keg

I'm just starting to get it a little, as you move down below what the waveguide is designed for, you may get dispersion problems where the wave guide just isnt "working" yet. Zilch, Jackgiff or Skywave rider could better answer this.

In my case I had just gotten the wave guides and couldnt believe they could keep up with my 511Bs. They could, and did! Those experiments were with an Eminence 800 hz crossover with dayton caps installed, and compensation added on. I think there is a thread in the beginning of econowave where I am reporting the results and Zilch was telling me that that (800 hz) was as low as econowave should be pushed.

Russellc

Yep, now that you say that Keg, that is what we were thinking. I will try to have them for the meeting. Cheers.

Order placed....no turning back now. They will be here for the SMAC party. $22.75 per pair. See you then.

Hi Keg. I am looking forward to playing with these. I am going to flip my Imperials so the woof is on top and the subhorn unloads to the floor. I will put the new Ewave on top of the cabinet, along with the tweet. Hoping for a big improvement in sound. See you at Jeff's.

Dennis, this I believe is the list of people who are getting the lenzes as you have 16. (8 pairs)

Myself

You

AndyMan

Ross

Punker

Cosmos

Squid

Wojeck

Does that sound right? Thanks for getting these!

Bad timing, but I'll pick up some later. The waveguide I'd be more interested in is the 10" round waveguide at PE> :)

I'm resurrecting this because I don't recall anyone posting listening impressions on the PE 8", 10" or 12" WGs. I have Dennis' 12" rounds here, running with the D220Tis. They don't seem to have the same dispersion characteristics as the PH612.

Dave? Anybody?

I like the idea of a round WG because I too have a pair of cabs with a 10" PR hole that a WG would neatly fit into.

Back
Top Bottom