Editing posts

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
Noticed today I can edit some posts (edit is shown as an option) and some I can not.
It appears I can not edit a post made more than 24 hours after the post is made.
Is this a glitch in the system?
Did I lose the ability to edit when my subscription lapsed?
I know edit thread titles and deleting threads are subscription only, but the can't edit a post thing is something I just noticed today.

Non-subscribing members have up to 120 minutes to edit their posts. Subscribing members have an unlimited time to do so.

Rich P

I know $25 isn't a lot. I subscribed for a few years.
Since I am unable to sell anything BarterTown wasn't really a factor I just did it to help support this website.
BUT---I've been self employed for 19 years and have only worked 3 days since Nov.
Letting my subscription lapse was something I felt I could do without until I get more work.

I know $25 isn't a lot. I subscribed for a few years.
Since I am unable to sell anything BarterTown wasn't really a factor I just did it to help support this website.
BUT---I've been self employed for 19 years and have only worked 3 days since Nov.
Letting my subscription lapse was something I felt I could do without until I get more work.
There are other ways to contribute to the "goodness" of this forum. Many non-subscribers fit that description.

Here's hoping for your finances to improve soon.

Rich P

Last edited:
that is somewhat counterintuitive in an information based forum, where updates to gear, etc., might benefit the whole.

Pay to edit rubs me a bit the wrong way, I've been a member on quite a few forums and this is the only one where I've been a member where you have to pay to edit a post after some period of time, but such is life. I suggest if you miss the allotted time frame...just make a new post noting the edit. If it's way down the thread from the original post you would like to edit, quote the post for reference.

So, if something like a bad capacitor run comes along (how many others have received notifications of a capacitor lawsuit), and, lets say, it might cause a fire in the gear it was used in,.... that is something that the forum wouldn't want a member to be able to edit, to correct, or, caution people of/for?
This is an information based forum.

I get fixing a post with typos in a timed window.

But unlimited editing?

Just fix the post with a follow up.

If I typed it, I live with it - and it's on record. I don't like the idea of 'revisionist history'.

Back
Top Bottom