Effen Major Score today from my local S.A. Vienna Acoustics Mozarts!

Omg, I love AK. First we kill threads bitching about thrift stores overpricing stuff and now we are going to complain about under pricing..lol

The one thing I don’t agree on is any donation and subsequent purchase being a waste. Regardless of all the other details a donating/buying transaction has two important benefits: An intem isn’t destroyed and a landfill is slightly less full.

Great score btw! I’d like to hear some VA speakers on of these days.

Is that the hand of The Master? And why are you working on AR tweeters, while also working on the VA's? Multitasking? :)

"Here you go!
The bad woofer. Nice little cast baskets, decent excursion. These are very nice speakers, but the sum of the parts to me isn't worth the price of these when new.
Glenn"

I catch myself judging that way also but then I wonder if I'm just not used to the more modern looking drivers. Most of them have an inexpensive look to me but I guess some of the best just have that look I associate cheap speakers with. But yeah, they put a lot of external blingbling visuals to just about everything these days to make a sale, ...old news there I know.

Last edited:
Is that the hand of The Master? And why are you working on AR tweeters, while also working on the VA's? Multitasking? :)
Yeah, that's it, multi tasking! Master? Ha!
Someone asked me to make tweeter foam in one of the threads, and I finished them a couple nights ago, and be damned, I can't remember which thread it was! I've been going through the more recent AR threads to track the gent down to let him know they are done and to send me his address info! A senior moment brain fart!

While I'm waiting for the woofer, I ordered spikes, M6 thread for these.
My plan is to use them in my living room-TV setup replacing the AR4x's. I'm thinking I'll need to make some stands wider than the cabs to help prevent accidental bumping into and falling over as these cabs are pretty narrow. Correct stands, I saw one listed on fleabay and expensive, is why I'm thinking some DIY's. Nothing fancy, just wider for stability. Anybody make some for narrow tower cabs, and if so, please post some pics.
Cheers, Glenn

That'll be a change.

Crudely thinking out loud. Cut an appropriate sized square of wood. Spikes on square, Blu-tack VA on to it.

That'll be a change.

Crudely thinking out loud. Cut an appropriate sized square of wood. Spikes on square, Blu-tack VA on to it.
Yeah, something like that, but I would want wood, maybe oak as these are heavy. Would probably veneer with some rosewood veneer I have to match the speakers.
I like your idea, nice and simple!

Hey all!

I finally received the replacement woofer from Bluebird-V.A.'s U.S. distributor last night.
I installed it and got to hear these in a complete state. They are very good sounding speakers. The bass is surprisingly deep for such small mid-woofer drivers. I like these a lot!
I also made some stands from oak that I cut, stained, and added spikes. I'll post a video in the video thread shortly, but here's a few pics.
So my total cost for these ended up being about 385.00. Still a bargain for originally costing over 2K!
So for now, I'll get to know them for a bit in the cave before moving them up to the living room to replace the AR4x's.

Cheers, Glenn
IMG_5271.jpg IMG_5272.jpg IMG_5273.jpg

Hey all!

I finally received the replacement woofer from Bluebird-V.A.'s U.S. distributor last night.
I installed it and got to hear these in a complete state. They are very good sounding speakers. The bass is surprisingly deep for such small mid-woofer drivers. I like these a lot!
I also made some stands from oak that I cut, stained, and added spikes. I'll post a video in the video thread shortly, but here's a few pics.
So my total cost for these ended up being about 385.00. Still a bargain for originally costing over 2K!
So for now, I'll get to know them for a bit in the cave before moving them up to the living room to replace the AR4x's.

Cheers, Glenn
View attachment 1210893 View attachment 1210894 View attachment 1210895

Ah man, no nudes...! :no:

Back
Top Bottom