Eico 2050 tube amp

These are excellent sounding amps when they are restored to factory specs. Most components such as resistors and capacitors have drifted in values over the years, along with worn out tubes, so restoration is a must for proper safe operation.

I used to own its baby cousin the Eico 2536 receiver. Great sounding amps, based on the earlier ST and HF series amps. I regret selling it off, but it started developing issues with the tuner section and it wasn't fully restored, something I should have done before pressing it into regular use. Eico's classic series was a great sounding amp and good looking too! Did I mention rather rare in comparison to the ST series too? ;)

I think it's similar in power to an ST40. Might use 6EU7 tubes instead of 12AX7s. Do you have one?
The 2080 is similar (same outputs) as the ST70

It looks it uses some PEC's instead of discrete components in the driver stage:

Apart for this, the guy on this site seems pleasantly surprised: http://ttradio.net/eico-2050-amplifier-test-pictures/

p_to_p_wire.jpg

Last edited:
Is it an update of the ST40, or are there significant differences?

Edit: I've just noticed in the other Eico 2050 thread that it's 'the sister of the ST40, with less doodads'.

Buckstir, if you have the schematic, could you possibly get it uploaded to the AK database?

Last edited:
Besides less features, the 6sn7 has been replaced with a 6fq7/6cg7. To me the 2050 or st40 is subjectively better sounding than their more powerful sister amp.

Back
Top Bottom