Eico HF-81 fuseholder cap

wizkid01

I found my own personal holy grail last night: a 100% original HF-81 in absolutely amazing condition. There's virtually no corrosion, just a good bit of dust (as one might imagine of a 50 year old amp that's been sitting in a box for the past 20+ years).

There's only one problem (well, two, since the bulb is also burned out): there's no cap/lid (sorry for the confusing title—it's this little guy) on the fuseholder. I got it working with a cap from one of my father's old Dynacos, but I'm not sure how to go about finding a permanent replacement.

Does anyone know a contemporary part number for that item?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
shoot me a PM and I will send you one! And a bulb too! My teacher has massive Eico gear.

WO

PM sent. Thanks all!

Ferninando, sorry for the confusion—it's not the capacitor it's the actual lid that locks the fuse in place. This little guy.

I'm still be curious to know an actual part number in case anyone is familiar. Thanks again for the help.

I'll post a couple of photos here in a bit in case anyone's interested in seeing this beauty.

Last edited:
Herein lies a good reason for calling components what they actually are i.e. a capacitor is a CAPACITOR.

Back
Top Bottom