ekmanning5

Time has told me...
Be it ever so humble...
...it's what I listen to the most;

Eico HF-81 amplifier
Empire 598 turntable
Klipsch Cornwall speakers.

Three quick stories.
I found the Eico under a bunch of VHS tapes at a church rummage sale. Because it cost the princely sum of a buck, I was able to have Craig at NOSValves give it the works.

After scouring e-bay for what seemed like forever, I found the Empire more or less locally, avoiding the dreaded shipped by UPS catastrophy. Only problem was it did not come with that nasty 5 pin din cable deal. Good luck finding one of them for cheap. Good luck's name in this case was AK member Clydeselsor, who provided one for me gratis. :thmbsp:

Around here Cornwalls last about 5 minutes on CL. Either that or you gotta trade your firstborn to get them. Tempting, but no. Fortunately, I was able to meet the 5 minute requirement. Unfortunately I couldn't make the 50 mile trip to listen and pick them up. The seller's girlfriend arranged to meet me half way, and like a thief in the night the deal was done.

Fresh from the darkroom.

Attachments

• february 3 006.jpg
    february 3 006.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 284
  • february 5.jpg
    february 5.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 317
  • february 4.jpg
    february 4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Looks nice Ed! I like the grill cloth on the Cornwalls. Looks like your missing some stockings hanging from the fireplace.

Wow Ed, that's a beautiful looking combo that I know sounds great!

I particularly like the look of those Cornwalls.
And the Empire.
And the HF-81... well, all of it! :yes:

Nicely done.

Wonderful stories, too. Thanks for sharing 'em.

Very nice!

I've always loved speakers with light colors grills. Too many black grills, IMO... That is why I keep my speakers nude. ;)

I have had the pleasure of hearing Ed's system in person. This is a truly wonderful sounding system, the kind of sound that you could listen to all day! BTW guys, Ed can bake an awesome cake too!

Back
Top Bottom