Elac motor mounts

hyder

tubes and grooves
Any Elac experts or enthusiasts out there? I have a Miracord 625 here and the motor mounts are shot. Does anyone have ideas on a good replacement? Given that I doubt I'll find any replacement parts, I was thinking of making some replacements from some sorbothane pads (Dr. Scholls).

Any previous experiences or ideas would be welcomed.

What do they look like? On other turntables I've used regular rubber grommets, sometimes stacking several to get the required height, to replace unobtainable original rubber mounts.
Rick

They appeared to be essentially rubber washers, but they were probably an extra-soft, gummy rubber. Unfortunately, they've mostly turned to dust over the years. I was thinking of trying o-rings of the right size, but I wonder if they're a bit on the hard side. The giveaway on this one was that you can hear the motor whirring away when the needle first drops. Not like the Duals I've worked on. I think the motor has potential to be quiet if it's really well isolated- that's why I was thinking something really squishy like those gel insoles.

I should add that height will be important on this as the Elac uses a stepped pulley design, not like the sloped pulley on Dual idlers. I must say that while I think this is a neat machine, it really gives me a new appreciation of the Dual engineering. I know some people think they're overly complicated and fussy, but anyone who thinks that should see this one. Duals are pretty straightforward and elegant once you understand them- this mechanism looks pretty fiddly and temperamental.

Last edited:
Any Elac experts or enthusiasts out there? I have a Miracord 625 here and the motor mounts are shot. Does anyone have ideas on a good replacement? Given that I doubt I'll find any replacement parts, I was thinking of making some replacements from some sorbothane pads (Dr. Scholls).

Any previous experiences or ideas would be welcomed.

Did you ever find a suitable replacement part for the motor mounts? I wan't to change out the motor mounts on my 10H.

Back
Top Bottom