Electro-Voice Fan

dj82501

Hello, I have been a creeping member for a while, this is my first post that I can remember Lol !

I have been colecting (hoarding ) stereo gear mostly from the bay for the past 20 years, mostly Sansui receivers and AR speakers, along with all the other processors, cassette decks and quadraphonic gear, turn tables and reel to reels.

I had so much that it filled my 20 ×20 garage packed tight floor to ceiling and a 12 x 12 spare bedroom, yes my name is Dave and I have a problem.

Last December I sold off most of it .I am down to just the 12 x 12 bedroom. And a corner of my basement, did I mention that my basement was full too?

Any way, after all these years I just discovered Electro-Voice speakers and I'm just amazed how good they sound with low power anything. Also how revealing they are.

Which prompted me to post. A few of my receivers that with other speakers sound fine , but with the EV's wile idling has a pop pop pop sound, that seems to go away when you play music or is bing masked by the music.

So my question is would that be a cap going bad ?

I bought my EV speakers from a guy up state in NY, I live on Long Island 5 hr drive both ways, He had them on the bay. They were custom built and they consist of,

SP 15A woofers
1824M and 8HD mids
T350 tweeters

They also have the EV crossovers adjustment pots and tweeter protection. The enclosures were built to EV specs.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how, I not the most competent on a computer.

I do have mechanical and electrical knowlage but my electronic skill is limited to basic electronics class I took in HS some 40 years ago, by Mr.Peniecey (not sure if I'm spelling that right) at Patchogue Medford HS. He was a very impressive teacher.

Last edited:
Welcome to AK, looking forward to reading more about your system. For help with diagnosing a system issue, you may want to start a new thread in the sub-forum where it can get the necessary attention.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom